“Great place!”

Ranked #5 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Zionsville, PA
“Great place!”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My daughter and I stayed here while stopping in Birmingham to visit friends. Nice location. Fairly close to a Target and some shops. About 10-15 minute drive to nice restaurants in downtown Birmingham. Hotel staff was extremely accomodating. They have breakfast buffet and dinner/drinks. They offer free cookies in the lobby. A nice little extra.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank KathiRamsd
Christie R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham SE/Liberty Park, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Hello! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn-Liberty Park. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. We are very close to area restaurants and shopping. All of which is within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. I hope that the next time you are in Birmingham you will come and see us!
Christie Rickert, Assistant General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Royal Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 13 October 2011

My husband and I had a get away this past weekend for a race Barber Motorsports.
We are from Florida and have no clue about the Birmingham area. I booked the Hilton Garden Inn by Trip Advisor reviews and was extremely happy.

We arrived very early but our room was ready. By accident, I had booked an "accessible" room and didn't realize it. The hotel was booked so they couldn't change me, but they did give me an accessible room with a tub. The room was VERY wide and I was happy with my mistake!

It was a bit hard to find even after I read this..but once we found it, I didn't have a problem again. (Turn left at the statue of liberty to go up the hill..hotel is hidden by lush trees)

Very close to Barber and to Shopping. We ate at a local pizzeria the front desk recommended and it was very good. Had the $8.95 breakfast buffet each morning and had drinks from the bar at night. Everyone in this hotel was super friendly!

We will be staying at the HGI again next October!

Room Tip: Room 609 was on the top floor close to elevators and very quiet!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth D
Hello!
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay! You are absolutely right this is a very quiet and secluded location. Part of the charm of the hotel is that we are located in a business park surrounded by lush trees but we are only minutes away from great shopping and superb restaurants. We are ideally located for attending races at Barber Motorsports since we are only a short drive away. I look forward to seeing you each and every race!
Christie Rickert, Assistant General Manager
Prattville, AL
Reviewed 23 September 2011

The front desk clerk was not out front when we arrived to check in. After waiting for 5 minutes or so, my husband had to call the hotel to let them know that he was waiting at the desk along with a few other people. The clerk came out front to answer his phone call and was not particularly apologetic. Once we were checked in, we came back down to buy some things at the little shop and the clerk (same woman as before) was very nice. She also gave us some extra towels when we needed them and was very friendly. The room was clean and a pretty good size (we had the King Suite). I was not super impressed with the beds. You could adjust the firmness, but mine didn't feel like it was changing at all and my back hurt when I woke up. Breakfast was great and the cook was very friendly, but only after we had to show them proof that we got the breakfast as part of our rate (husband had to get out his phone and show them the e-mail confirmation that we received...thank goodness he kept it). There isn't much right by the hotel, but there is plenty of shopping and eating just a couple of miles away. Overall, it's quiet, it's clean and reasonably priced. Not my first choice in Birmingham, but also not my last.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 September 2011

the service at this Hilton Garden Inn was so good, it was shocking. Far from being "down home Southern" service, it actually rivaled what I have received in personal attention from hotels around the world. From arrival to departure, everything was amazingly well done. I was welcomed with great professionalism, the housekeeping staff went out of their way to ask if they could get me anything additional (e.g. towels, water, etc.). The restaurant staff was better then the Waldorf in their ability to anticipate my needs. I really can't say enough good things about this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank M_and_C_Power
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 24 August 2011

This is our second time at this Hotel. We absolutely love it! Clean, great location, nice rooms, etc. We will definitely stay the next time we are in Birmingham. The only thing I would say is, that if you have a family, bring a DVD player and movies, they don't have a great line up on the TV. I also wish that on pay TV they would not carry Adult Themed movies, don't think that is good for Society no matter how old you are!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family