All reviews courtyard marriott front desk stayed at the marriott parking deck medical center place to stay included breakfast within walking distance per day ice machine rooms are nice bistro uab sirens convenience patients ambulance
Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Excellent choice when work is at UAB. Several eating options within walking distance and a parking deck adjacent fort parking (additional fee). Clean, comfortable rooms with good amenities. I am a Hilton Diamond but pleased to find Marriott a nice option.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank CRA2GO
Sarah G, Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Downtown at UAB, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2016

Hello, and thank you for the excellent review!

We appreciate your staying at the fabulous Courtyard UAB, and hope for many more opportunities to serve you again. Please reach out if we may ever be of assistance to you, and safe travels.

Regards,

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Overall everyone was extremely welcoming and friendly. The crew at the Bistro were excellent. Lesia and Sarah went above and beyond to accommodate and find things for us to eat that were not in our menu. The food was excellent and everything was just great! I wish we had this amazing service back in Florida! Well done!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Hortensia M

Hello Hortensia,

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to share your experience. Lesia, myself, and the rest of our team are glad to be of service to our guests and appreciate your choosing our hotel for your Birmingham stay. Please reach out if we may ever be of assistance, and stay safe this hurricane season down in Florida!

Regards,

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

The Bistro was cozy and friendly. Lesia was excellent. Works very hard! Good food & bar, wifi. Everyone makes extra effort. Attached to UAB hospital via walkway. Best place to stay if going in an out of Hospital. Downtown pricey though.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Ted D

Thank you Ted for taking the time to share your Courtyard story!

It was our pleasure to be of service to you, and we appreciate your choosing our hotel for your trip to UAB and Birmingham. We'll be sure to pass along your comments to Lesia and the rest of our team. Please reach out if we may ever be of assistance to you and your family.

Sunny Regards,

Reviewed 7 September 2016

This hotel was perfect for our needs. We were returning from Puerto Rico and need a place to stay before driving home. The room was clean and spacious. The bathroom was larger than the resort we had just left! It's conveniently located downtown; adjacent to UAB hospital. The sounds of the ambulances are a bit loud if the room is facing the street. Overall, this was a good hotel.

Stayed: September 2016
Sarah G, Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Downtown at UAB, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2016

Hello, and thank you for making us your stopover!
We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience, and hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you again soon. We are also glad that you found our clean rooms and bathroom to be a spacious fit for your needs.

Safe travels, and take care!

Reviewed 1 September 2016

I spent a total of nine (9) nights at this hotel and found the service to be excellent. Everyone from the front desk and housekeeping staff members were eager to please. I'd like to give a special thank you to Shawn and Tori (Front Desk) as well as Geleste (housekeeping). They all bent over backwards to make sure that I had everything that I needed. Additionally, when my flight home was delayed by a day, the front desk staff was instrumental in arranging a no hassle extension of my stay.

I found the room to be very nice. It wasn't a luxury suite, however, it was updated, clean and comfortable. The downtown location was very close to the facilities that I needed to access, as I was attending a convention approximately a mile away at the convention center.

While I found the Bistro to be a very nice place to grab a quick bite, the one bit of constructive criticism that I would offer is that, having a full fledged restaurant would be much more convenient for the guests. Having to leave the premises to find a restaurant is a bit of a hassle.

Overall, this is a great hotel and I have no problem recommending it.

Room Tip: The higher floors tend to be more quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank iharris2016

Hello, and thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to share your review.

It was our pleasure to be of service to you, and we appreciate your recognizing our excellent staff - from the Front Desk to Bistro to Housekeeping teams, we strive to offer excellent service each day. We'll be sure to share your review with our team, and hope to have the opportunity to serve you on your next trip to Birmingham. Thank you for your loyalty.

Please reach out if we can be of any assistance to you -