“Good takeout worth another visit but must checkout their MSG policy.”

Palace Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #205 of 977 Restaurants in Birmingham
Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

Takeout order ready in 15 min. Egg rolls were OK. Steam dumplings and crab Rangoon were good. Sweet and sour shrimp was very breaded but Ok. Chicken and cashews and sesame chicken were very good. Mongolian chicken was the best. Will definitely include it on every visit. And the fried rice was excellent. A winner for us.

Reviewed 31 March 2016 via mobile

We decided on Chinese and wanted a good eat in place. We started with hot n sour soup which was excellent. It had a clear broth instead of the goopy kind that some places serve. Excellent soup! The spring rolls were also very good. My husband had a dinner portion of sesame chicken. It had nice all meat pieces of chicken instead of mostly breading that I'm used to having elsewhere and a sauce that was fresh tasting. We will definitely return.

Reviewed 17 March 2016

My 10 year old picked dinner and wanted the sesame beef at the Palace. This is one of our favorite Chinese restaurants. We have been getting the Orange Beef (new combo to lunch menu) during our Sunday lunch visits but we chose our old standby on this visit. We started with wonton soup and crab angels. Both were really good. Their crab angels are the square "dim sum" style with crabmeat and the seasoned cream cheese. Very tasty. Some wonton soups have a very salty broth but theirs is not salty. The soup (for two) had two wontons and lots of mushrooms, chicken and other veggies. All the soups here are good but my favorite is probably the chicken-corn soup. Our entrée arrived quickly and we finished it off in short order. Very good, friendly service. I could not hardly take two drinks from my glass without it being refilled. Finished off the meal with fortune cookies and slept like a rock a few hours later.

Reviewed 19 February 2016

This is a local favorite, but not one of ours. Our first visit in a year plus. Wife had Sesame Chicken & I had the Sesame Beef. Egg roll and soup came out very fast. Soup was a serving for two, not good for me. My beef entree, sliced very thin, leathery, and cooked to a crisp. Our Mexican waiter said it should be crispy. Sauce was VERY sweet and not spicy as advertised. My wife's chicken was very good and generous. Service was good and others seemed to enjoy their food. Manager checked by and gave me credit for my entree.

1  Thank Milton J
Reviewed 10 February 2016

Everything was cooked fresh to order no buffet here. Wonderful ambiance and my service Tae could not have been nicer and the Shrimp w vegetables was the best I have ever had!

1  Thank sawtooth615