“EAT HERE! Real Chinese, Not Fake (AND GOOD)”

Great Wall Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #114 of 968 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Seafood
Reviewed 2 February 2016

This is real. Not fake. ask for the real Chinese food menu. you will not be disappointed. the owner is always there and makes sure all of her customers are happy.
Ask for the chili wontons or the salted egg yoke crab!

WOW!

So ready to go back!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 22 January 2016

Several weeks ago, a friend and I specifically went to Great Wall Chinese, because we had heard the Szechuan food was Great. Greeted nicely by the hostess/cahsier, we were quickly seated in a padded booth, same booth I was in 20 years ago. I asked for the Szechuan menu, and we were given the dinner menu. Our waiter was utterly professional and intriguing as he perfectly answered our menu questions, as if he were proud of the food. I asked; he was! The cumin rubbed short ribs and fish balls were absolutely other-worldly. Though piled high with chiles, assorted peppers, and onions, the food was NOT numb your lips or burn your tongue hot. The fare and the presentation were the best I have experienced in 40+ years of eating out. Highest recommendation (my first ever).

Reviewed 11 January 2016

Very good and authentic chinese food. A lot of the chinese restaurants americanize their food, but Great Wall very authentic. It has the usual fried rice and sesame chicken, but also has dishes you would not find on the average chinese restaurant menu, like spicy braised beef or tripe. Definitely a must try if you want something a little more authentic. It also has some Thai items on the menu like Thai noodles

Reviewed 13 November 2015

When my friend recommended we try Great Wall together, I was excited to see what people were getting so excited for. It exceeded my expectations.

Let start with ambience - the restaurant is bright, vibrant and beautiful

Then the service, our server was so kind and helpful. Very patient and willing to answer any question. Far and above the best Chinese restaurant service I've ever had.

Finally, the food. Everything was delicious. We shared a couple of appetizers, one was some sort of french fries. I wish I could describe it better, but all I will say is that the portion size was large and the flavor was delicious. We cleaned the plate. We also tried a pan fried bun which was wonderful. Finally, I had the spicy chicken Szechuan dish. It was so flavorful and actually tasted even better when I reheated it on day two.

I will 100 percent be back to try more items from this restaurant. It absolutely deserved all five stars that I am assigning to it. Best in town.

Reviewed 17 September 2015

The restaurant is very comfortable and decorated nicely. You feel like you are visiting China. The service was very good. I wanted garlic chicken and it was not on the lunch menu. However, they prepared garlic chicken for me. The food was very reasonably priced. For 3 people with tip the bill was around 35.00. That was with two regular drinks.