“Nom nom...”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed 4 May 2015

We stopped in here for a quick bite after drinks when we were in the Five Points area of Birmingham. The decor is typical of Chinese restaurants. There are booths and tables, most of which were empty because we went in after normal dinner hours. Luckily they are open until 11 on Saturdays which works out well with the bars in that area.
We had chicken and broccoli, fried rice, spring rolls, wonton soup, and pot stickers. All the food was good, the spring rolls stood out to me as being large and very fresh when we got them. Service was efficient if not overly friendly, and the prices were very reasonable. I would go back again if I was in the area.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 March 2015

one of my fav Chinese restaurant in town. Reasonable price and convenient location. I visit it almost everytime I'm in town.

Reviewed 17 March 2015

Located in Five Points. Good food. Good prices. Very friendly staff. Shirley gets to know you. Portions come in Medium and Large. I rarely finish Medium.

1  Thank doduley
Reviewed 18 February 2015

One the food is simple fresh hot flavorful good price service is good great place to relax and enjoy good food and friendly staff no need to go far to attractions right there in 5 points

Reviewed 14 February 2015

This restaurant is located in Five Points South, where there are some hotels and restaurants/bars. Some bus lines pass on the 20th St S.

It is possible to order food online or by phone (and I think that they can deliver it, as I saw a delivery guy with a bike).

I had lunch in this restaurant on Friday. The place was almost empty, maybe because it was 2 pm.

The staff was kind and they are actual Chinese, as I heard them speaking Mandarin.

For lunch, there is a special menu, which is very cheap (around 6$) and composed of a main entree that you can choose from a list, together with either fried rice or chow mein, and one among wonton soup, egg drop soup, or eggroll. They brought me also some egg noodle chips. They weren't fresh, though (maybe cooked some hours before). I ordered wonton soup, fried rice, and roast pork egg foo young. The soup was good. Also the wonton tasted good, even if its wrapper could have been a little bit thinner so that one can appreciate more the filling. Fried rice was fine, not too oily as sometimes happens in some Chinese restaurants. The roast pork egg foo young had a strong flavor, because the omelette was with white onions and roast pork and it was a little bit too greasy. The quantity was more than enough for me.

In the end, I think that the ratio between quality and price is very good for lunch, so I definitely suggest it.