“Best hot and sour soup ever anywhere”

Shangri-la Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #352 of 967 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 7 July 2015

I have been going to this restaurant off and on for 25 years. The food is always good and the service is always friendly. In the evenings they put shrimp in the hot and sour soup and it is amazing. I have moved away from Birmingham, but when I am in town I have to come here.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 June 2015

Enjoy the lunch here. The atmosphere is quite and muted. I am able to relax a few minutes and enjoy my lunch. I am really picky about my Chinese food and I love the food here. I often take out of town business guest here and everyone I have taken here has enjoyed it also.

Reviewed 1 February 2015 via mobile

Hostess made us welcomed. We split a main dish, ordered soup and egg roll and had plenty to eat. It was enough for two. Good variety for any taste. Told lunch special especially good, get wing, egg roll with main dish. This is one of our preferred Chinese restaurants, not a buffet place.

Reviewed 17 October 2014 via mobile

I've now been to this place twice and it's been a very mediocre place at best. The waitstaff have been great and very friendly but the food is a bit of a let down. There's a wide variety of food but there are no combo deals. What I mean is, there's the entrée and rice only. Egg rolls and/or soup are extra. Besides that, the dishes I've had were kind of bland tasting. It was an OK place but I probably won't be back....maybe it's time to find a new place.

Reviewed 11 October 2014

We didn't feel like cooking tonight so we had dinner delivered. The egg rolls were soggy from grease. The Mo Shu Pork was like soup and had almost no pork in it. General Tso would have executed the chef had he been served this chicken dish.
Dinner was so bad we threw out the menu.
Run away run away!