“Pleasantly surprised!”

Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I don't normally eat sushi but I let my son pick & he chose Stix. We had been shopping in this end of town & we were hungry for lunch. We had never eaten here before. We chose the Chinese side of the restaurant. It was very quite which was most enjoyable. Most people were sitting on the Hibachi side. My son had sushi, Tuna & avocado & something that was spicy. I ordered Mongolian something. It was delicious. I could not eat it all. He had fried rice & I had steamed rice. The service was a little slow because our waitress was folding napkins in the back but when I went & got her she quickly came & handled whatever we wanted. I think we would eat there again if on that side of town. I just don't normally eat Chinese or sushi so take my comments with a grain of salt.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the sushi and food overall. Tried a "custom" roll that was very good. Prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

been here many times and it seems to go downhill more with each visit. It always takes so long to get seated even with an advanced reservation. too much money for the food. There is something in the sauce, maybe msg? that makes me swell like a balloon. there has to be a better restaurant with better fare somewhere else.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

Had to throw it away after it caused gastric distress. The goop they sold as "chinese teriyaki" was nothing more than oil soaked junk, not worth $3, let alone the $15 they charged. What can I say, have to tell the truth.

Oh, I'm sorry, let me lie; it was wonderful, 30 minutes later it was like my stomach was empty again (that part is true).

Who knows, maybe the locals like such goop. I know about cooking and this is not cooking. They took a small amount of meat and dredged it in flour and cooked it in oil, then added some veggies and some bottled sauce. Disgusting!!! Made our stomachs ill within 15 minutes. Take a look in the kitchen, non-asians are working. You are paying for their location and pretty building, not for good food.

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

After a long day of meetings in the Hyatt, we all wanted to get some dinner nearby that wasn't too heavy. We opted for Stix. The wait staff was pleasant, courteous and prompt to seat us and get our drink and appetizer orders. We opted not to sit at the hibachi because we wanted a good meal and we're not as worried about being entertained by a chefs impressive grilling skills. We did peek at another large group having fun doing that. We just wanted to unwind and have some conversations and sitting at a 6 top was fine. We ordered 4 of the most popular sushi rolls and they quickly came out and were delicious. I had the curry and got a side called a poki bowl (raw tuna chunks and veggies with rice). Being a fisherman, the quality of the fish was superb. For 6 of us to eat, then ill was about $123 plus tip. Other restaurants offering similar fare we have visited around the south, would have been about 30% more money. Overall, I rate Stix a 5 and would highly recommend this restaurant.