All reviews free drinks indoor outdoor pool hot dogs evening kickback evening food biscuits and gravy nachos breakfast and dinner gulf shores hot breakfast state farm no exception waffles evening reception front desk clerk a great place to stay bed was comfortable
Reviewed 30 July 2016

I looked at a few places for extended stay that rents by the week. The reviews were horrible and down right scary at times. I needed somewhere to stay for 2 weeks while going through certification for a job. This place was CLEAN the whole time I stayed. The people that were working were always polite and welcoming and even offered to clear plates away during the free Breakfast bar and Free Dinner bar. To have a hotel that offers two meal a day made it much less stressful about meal times. The free drinks at the bar of course was a plus. The amazing woman at the bar most every night had an amazing personality and simply glowed the whole evening each night. My wife and kids came in for the last night here as we won tickets to go to the waterpark in Bessemer. My wife was SO IMPRESSED and she went to look up where more locations are for Drury Inn. We would love for them to "pop up" in some of our favorite vacation places. We usually try to stay at a Hampton Inn, but from now on, that will be our SECOND CHOICE. Why would anyone want to go elsewhere is beyond me. Amazing breakfast, amazing dinner (although a little more variety would be great for those on extended stays), free soda fountain/popcorn all day and free drinks at the bar. Super clean and comfortable rooms and queen size beds (not doubles).... I hate to check out today, I wish we could stay one more night!

Room Tip: Stayed in two locations over the two weeks. Both were quiet and one was right by the elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
4  Thank David J
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

Great hotel with staff that made it better. Cynthia at happy hour and Sandra behind the counter were fantastic. It is conveniently off the highway heading south. The breakfast spectacular. Again, can not say enough about the staff and how accommodating they were to all request.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank Tim G
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Traveling to Birmingham, Al? I would recommend staying at this hotels. The rooms are clean and spacious. I enjoyed the spa tub in the room. This hotel has free food in the AM and PM. This place is great if you have kids, it helps to cut down on food cost.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank IEx
Reviewed 28 July 2016

We stayed for just one night on our way to Florida. We arrive after the front door was locked and had to buzz in. We waited almost 10 minutes while the desk clerk was talking on her cell phone. When she finally let us in, she was very nice, but never apologized for letting us stand there. The room was very clean and exactly whate needed after 10 hours ina car. Breakfast the next morning was chaotic. It seemed like everyone was checking out and eating at the same time. However, there was always plenty of food available and the staff were working their butts off.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

Thank you for choosing Drury Hotels and thank you for the compliments that you found your room very clean and plenty of food available. As you know from staying with us we provide a daily free Breakfast from 6am-9:30am weekdays and 7am-10am weekends. We also have free hot food and cold beverages from 5:30pm to 7:00pm. We apologize for the staff member incident you mentioned with the which was certainly not the norm as our team is typically complimented for their great customer service. We follow up and do have a cordless phone which front desk uses. We do hope to see you as our guest again in the future.
Rick S.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

We stayed at this hotel twice...once going to FL on our way to a baseball tourney in PCB on 6/24/16 and on the way back home on 7/2/16. I believe the same front desk employee checked us in. We received a cheaper rate on 7/2...not sure why the "esaver" rate was different. Front desk person was the same woman for both nights...when we told her we were back again, she gave us a complimentary appetizer coupon for Landry's Seafood restaurant next door. Rooms were clean and location right off interstate. Perfect place to stay...we love Drury Inn!! We told our friends to stay at this location also...they did. We did enjoy the free food/beverages on 6/42 but arrived too late on 7/2. Don't expect a super healthy meal...I had a salad and baked potato. I always ask for an upper level room as that is my preference. I have never experienced a problem at a Drury Inn and always look for them when I travel.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family