All reviews dog friendly hotel boiled eggs room was clean would stay again front desk clerk continental breakfast the breakfast area nice stay yogurt convenient location staff was friendly pet freeway summit
Reviewed 6 August 2018

I arrive on my second night after having complained the first night of the nasty floor and no hot water, but I arrive at 4am. I go to take a hot shower, and no hot water .. even after running it for 15min. Tell them downstairs but they can’t do anything about it. I go to sleep feeling gross, floor still hasn’t been vacuumed, they didn’t move rooms for me, and when I left gave me a courtesy of a few points that won’t even come close to a free night’s stay. I have stayed at this location before and have been in a clean room. This was just gross and terrible. The lady at the front desk as I left was very kind and apologetic. I had a few more hours to drive, and felt creepy crawly and had to take a suuuuuuuuper long hot shower at the next hotel I stayed at which was NOT the same hotel chain.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Management response:Responded 6 August 2018

I’ve received your review of La Quinta Birmingham - Cahaba Park South.
I appreciate your feedback; this is definitely not the experience we want you to have when staying with us! I do apologize for any issues that occurred during your stay. I did follow up and check the temperature of the water in the sink and tub they both had hot water. I will definitely have maintenance keep checking on that. Your feedback will help us improve our operation.
Rest assured your comments will be shared with our team, and it’s through comments such as yours that we’re able to improve. Thanks again for your time, and hope we’ll see you back with us at La Quinta Inn once again.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

Staff was great, friendly and helpful. Had no hot water and a dirty bathroom with stains in shower and on the floor. Went to another room to get hot water and it had similar stains. I am not overly particular but I don't like dirty rooms. They don't have to be fancy, but just clean. I will say, the staff was receptive and helpful, so that made it better.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2018

This hotel would rate well if they would just replace the carpet. Rooms should be equipped with microwave and fridge. The location of this hotel if excellent--your are in the heart of the shopping district on 280.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

This was not a planned stop, but an emergency late night necessity for sleep. We ALWAYS stay at LaQuinta, and we rarely have a poor experience.
This place was that rare one....
The hotel says non smoking, which is a must for our family and their allergies. The room, however, smelled like a freshly used ash tray, and that smell DID NOT GO AWAY. I tried air freshener, Lysol.....no help....
The shower had gunk on the ledges, and hair in the drain......
The bed was good, and the place was quiet, so we did get sleep..... All the you could with allergy issues and headache due to the smoke smell.
But the breakfast...... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THE TRADE MARK LAQUINTA WAKE WAFFLE MAKERS???? Seriously, this make sound small, but I could've had smooshed frozen toaster waffles at home when my kids cook......
Step it up Cahaba location.... You're making LaQuinta look bad....

Trip type: Travelled with family
Management response:Responded 1 August 2018

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback!
La Quinta Inn Birmingham/Cahaba Park South

Reviewed 25 July 2018

Overall, the hotel chain is on point and most LQ locations are 3 stars on average. By me being a simple person, I am very satisfied with LQ due to the fact that most locations are nice and you do have a few LQ that are like 2 star. But this location was okay, room was clean, good customer service and good for the average person who wants a great hotel experience.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Management response:Responded 1 August 2018

Thanks for your feedback! I’m pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay at Birmingham - Cahaba Park South La Quinta. Our team looks forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future.

La Quinta Inn Birmingham/Cahaba Park South