All reviews five points full kitchen front desk sized refrigerator on site parking kitchen area one bedroom suite sales manager stove top oatmeal walking distance parking fee an extended stay small kitchen room was spotless convenient location no exception
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Tucked on a corner downtown on the UAB campus, the rooms at this Residence Inn seem to be a bit smaller and more compact than some other RI properties, but it’s clean, quiet, well maintained and the staff is terrific, particularly Jontel. Parking is tight so arrive early if you can. Unfortunately, we were only in town for one night and had an early flight so didn’t get a chance to enjoy breakfast but other guests in the lobby when we checked in were raving about it. Maybe next time!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Whitney D, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Birmingham Downtown at UAB, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Thank you for sharing romadaro! We look forward to having you back with us!

Reviewed 10 August 2018

Quin checked us in and it was great. She gave us accurate directions for meals and area attractions. The hotel was very nice and walking distance Five Points. I stay in a lot of Marriott hotels for business and this is one I will use again. The room was very well appointed and housekeeping was great. We had a great trip.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Whitney D, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Birmingham Downtown at UAB, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Thank you so very much for sharing your recent experience, pseghers! W
We look forward to having you back with us!

Reviewed 9 August 2018

Very frindly and helpful staff - best part of stay. Newish hotel, for the most part everything is in good condition.

The room was quiet, very clean, and everything worked well.

The elevators are really slow, the shower water pressure is low, and the breakfast offerings were really average (so therefore the 4 out of 5 rating).

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Whitney D, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Birmingham Downtown at UAB, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Thank you for sharing, BluDragoFlyer. We appreciate you and hope to have you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Clean, cheap-ish, quiet. No toiletries provided but most ppl bring their own I guess. Parking is scarce at night, but no issues with transients or weirdos. I have had to park on the street or close to hotel several times. Free food at night is one step above prison food, but there are great restaurants close by.

Employees are nice

I would recommend this place

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Lisa A

Lisa A, thank you for sharing your thoughts. We do provide complimentary toiletries for every guest, please accept our sincerest apologies for not having them available in your suite while you were with us.
Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

I Stay at hotels frequently because of work. I like the Residence Inn UAB for several reasons,such as clean rooms, low traffic, quiet rooms and the breakfast is ALWAYS Good and Hot, but this particular visit changed me for the better. My last night there I met a lady working at the desk that I didn't encounter when I first arrived. She always greeted me with a smile, and you could tell she knew how to make a Guest feel welcomed and cared about any needs or demands one might have. But what stuck out most was her GREEN HAIR!. I can Admit that you could classify me as someone who may judge a person of looks 1st, before ATTITUDE or personality but this time was different. Normally in hotels you see a particular "look" but her hair intrigued me SO! It just showed me how here I was ready to judge off just the color of someone's hair and after getting to have a chat With this young lady I can Admit I changed within myself. Everybody is not going to look how society thinks we should, but that what makes people like her Stand out & it shows it's ok to be DIFFERENT! She even recommended food places, or chill spots to go have a drink or 2 after work that no one else even mentioned during my stay. I could not remember her name right off but it did start with a J. I have a few more upcoming business trips for August and I plan to return back to the Residence Inn and hope this young lady will be there. She really makes a difference & Im going to be looking forward to see what color her hair will be next!!! I give this hotel a 5/5.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business