All reviewsfront deskiron citylarge roomgreat showermarriott brandyogurtloved this hotelstayed here for one nightcheck in was easyfree breakfastindoor poolper daymini fridgethe breakfast areavery nice hotelstaff was friendlybed was comfortable
Reviewed 28 September 2015

my son and I checked in for one night for a golf tournament and came back home to In. only to find we brought home bedbugs from this hotel. We have thrown a lot of our stuff away and am now in the process of drying our clothes and having the house treated 3,000.00. NEVER STAY HERE!!!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Mitchell H
Reviewed 27 September 2015

This was one of the friendliest hotels I have stayed at recently. Everyone from check in to the cleaning staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. Great location, very clean. The breakfast was better than most chains.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2015 via mobile

I had the misfortune of staying here in August for one night. The hotel mistakenly billed me for two nights and I have been trying to clear that up for the past two weeks. First I was told there was no manager available that could fix the situation. The next time I called in the night auditor indicated he could take care of it and correct the bill. But that was never accomplished. Most recently I called and spoke with the front desk manager Danielle who was very rude. After a brief conversation she put me on hold for over 30 minutes. When I called back and ask the operator to speak with her I was put on hold and Danielle never picked up the phone. I called back to leave a message for the so-called general manager Sam who conveniently doesn't have voicemail. Clearly there is a disconnect with what this hotel staff considers customer service I am appalled that I've spent over an hour and a half trying to correct their mistake. My suggestion is to avoid this hotel for its customer service. Additionally, during my stay the fire alarm went off accidentally at 3 AM. I stay at quite a few Marriotts during the year and this hotel false very very short of the standards I expect from most Marriotts.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2015

I am a frequent business and personal traveller. That makes me a critical grader.

I have developed a grading system of 1 to 5 LLLLL,'s with 5 being the best.

Safety: LLLLL - Felt very safe

Location: LLL - in downtown, but not really close walking distances to offices I neeeded to visit, so had to deal with parking for all appointments.

Cleanliness: LL found a glob of something on the shower wall...ick. Floor hall carpet dirty.

Quiet: L - I am Marriott Silver elite, and my profile is very specific about a quite room. I did mobile check in. My assigned room was on a busy street, and requested a quiet one. I was reassigned to the back of the building, but my room was DIRECTLY by a dumpster, so was awoken at 4 p.m. There is also construction going on, so just when I had gotten back to a dose, was re-awoken around 6.

Service: LL I arrived around 5 p.m. and there was a line and only one person on check in, and no special line for mobile check in. When I asked to be moved to a quiet room, the front desk offered to bring up a new key to me. Great but it took over 10 min, so I had to leave for an appointmentand deal with it later.

Tried to have breakfast, but I really only wanted a red delicious apple, but they were out.

Asked to speak with manager, I was told they didn't currenty have one.

Parking lot is a little awkward to access.

Rooms all seem to abutt noisy road or back alley...could just be you don't stay here if noise keeps you awake.

Stayed: August 2015
1  Thank Lunelles
Reviewed 10 August 2015

There were several little things that added up to make this a less-than-desirable stay. As other reviewers have noted, the breakfast situation is a complete cluster. I managed to walk up during a gap in the commotion, but several people were waiting upwards of 30 minutes to get through the line because of the awkward layout. To top it all off, the food wasn't even remotely worth the wait.

The rooms were small and dark, and reminded me of an old Best Western with the layout. There was a kitchen area, a small sitting area (the couch smelled like it hadn't been cleaned ever), and the bathroom was just weird. The shower had a half-door instead of a curtain or actual door, and water got everywhere when you showered. The beds were uncomfortable to boot.

The only upside is that the staff were really nice and welcoming. Unfortunately, that didn't offset the other unpleasant elements.

Stayed: July 2015
1  Thank Eknels
Howard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Birmingham Downtown at UAB, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2015

Dear ENem,

I would like to thank you for the comments that you shared, I can assure you they will be used as a tool to improve our level of service. I agree the breakfast can get congested, especially when we have several groups in house, we often open a meeting room to relieve that congestion. The rooms receive a preventive maintenance check once per quarter and all sofas are addressed during this time. I am sorry to hear you did not like the layout of the room, most comments have been very positive. I do thank you for choosing Marriott in your travels and wish you safe travels.

Regards,