See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 May 2016

I decided to stay there for 1 night in triple room where located on 5th floor without elevator but i had known before made a booking. My room was not bad but tiny. In my opinion, it's not suit for 3 persons with baggage. But unacceptable was my bathroom where could not use door latch, the door would open when you close it.

But positive thing was:
1. The terrace was great view point of Li river and plenty of mountain background.
2. Owner was superb. His English was not bad, he tried to speak and help me a lot.

I've attached some photos of this hostel, it can help for your decision.
Thank you.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 14 April 2017

Thank you very much for your comment!when we find the door can not close ,we had repair it !hope to meet you again !Thank you!

Martin

Reviewed 8 May 2015 via mobile

I slept there for one night in the 6 bed dorm and it's pretty simple but for the price it's worth it if you don't have any problems living like this. I was the only one in the dorm and since the mattresses were very thin I stacked another one on top of it.
free washing of clothes, bathroom was alright I suppose. hot showers was nice.
The rooftop was amazing though, very nice view with a bar if there's some more people there. I was the only backpacker here, the rest were chinese who stayed in other rooms.
The staff are very helpful and they seem to know a lot about the surrounding area. They helped me to my next destination (sanjiang) by writing it in Chinese.

The dorms hadn't been cleaned in a while and the alley that the hostel lies in had a dead rat when I first came. Yangshou was the first chinese city I went to after HK so this kind of ruined my first impressions a bit but now I've been here a while and it's beautiful.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 14 April 2017

Thanks a lot for your comment!we beliver we will better everyday!Thank you

Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

The staff here are all very friendly and helpful which alway nice but what I really really loved about this place was the family meal. For 20Y you can eat overlooking the beautiful landscape and enjoy a whole variety of home made yummy dishes. This was ideally for me and my parnter who never have a clue what to order. Plus you get the chance to meet other traveller. The food is 5* and what a great price.

The only mark down was because there roads works outside which for most people probably wouldnt be a problem but we like to lay in. And the bathroom drains smelts but I am sure if we had spoken to someone the staff would have done there best to have help.

Thank you again for all the yummy food.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lee T
Management response:Responded 14 April 2017

^_^ Chinese food is so nice for you ,so when you come back again, we want maybe you want to stay here long long time,ahaha

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

The staff really went out of their way to help their guests. They helped us organise bike rentals, tickets to the light show and even a taxi to Guilin at a ridiculously early time, without any complaint or problem. The rooms were very comfortable, with warm, clean showers. The rooftop terrace offered some wonderful views, and some very comfortable chairs to relax in. A bit hard to find, but worth the walk from the bus station to be away from the madness of West St

• Stayed: August 2013

thanks so lot~

Reviewed 30 August 2013

We booked a 6 bed dorm and it was pretty much what you'd expect for the price, except having seen the twin room we regretted not having taken that as it was much more spacious. The hostel was homely, decent and we had no complaints. However it was a little difficult to find so remember to take the address with you! The staff were pretty nice and there were plenty of books. Excellently located too.

Room Tip: For a little extra, it's worth getting a twin room as it is much more spacious and each bed is a double
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends