All reviewssmall alleyprivate bathroomrooftop terraceli riverenglishbikeschina
Reviewed 9 February 2013

The best place about the hostel is the people - the service staff at the reception was very helpful and friendly and always providing friendly tips. The rooms were value for money as well, especially for one with a private bathroom. There are no elevators, so you would need to exercise a bit and pull your luggage up. A tip: if you prefer not to place really large deposits on your bicycle rental, go to the bicycle rental shop in the back alley near the hostel (ask the reception where it is). You only need to pay 100Y deposit instead of 300Y in the Yangshuo main street.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2013

From the first sight fell in love with this place. Atmosphere of "Waiting for Godot" by Samuel Beckett to feel at every step. Perversely perhaps, there is probably no better place to celebrate the absurd :)
Very helpful staff made ​​sure that we felt good and comfortable. We got a better room than we booked. We took a walk hostel's dog - Nana (december 2011). On the roof there is a terrace with views of the Li river. There is also a washing machine, which we used for free. Service has helped organize two scooters for us to see a further area. It is true that you can spot something to eat and drink but I would not recommend eating there - look for something in the city. Walk distance to center -West Street.
Rooms and bathrooms are clean, warm and beds comfortable.
Yangshuo is one of those places where you want to go back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 14 April 2017

^_^come back soon,we will waiting for you

Reviewed 7 December 2012

Yangshuo is a wonderful place to visit, with breathtaking scenery, great biking and hillclimbing country, and a charming town full of restaurants and bric-a-brac. At En Attendant Godot I had a room to myself in cold December weather, and I invested in a thermal vest and long johns, but the bed was comfortable and the heater worked, the shower was warm if not hot, the place was clean and quiet and the prices very reasonable. The location was away from the noisy throng of West Street, so it was very quiet, and we were able to hire our bicycles from the shop next door for almost no money. The people running En Attendant Godot, especially Zack and the dog, could not have been more helpful and friendly, including helping us save money on a taxi for the lengthy ride back to Guilin Aiport at the end of our stay by slotting us into a fully-laden 14-seater minibus which got us there just as quickly travelling with a group of middle-aged Chinese ladies.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2012

That is the word of this soft guy call "owner" lol of this low level hostel "some people pay more some other less depends where they come from and if I like them or not". fair mentality no?? he ask me to pay for washing machine and after I find out it was free for all the people...so I told him and took my money back and move of this fair hotel.. that's my story...
about the dorms room I can just say that I found a cockroach running, some old food under the dorm beds and not clean for a long time, the room are not cleaned everyday...the bathroom was okay and pretty new in my dorm room..
I just think that its a place to avoid for backpackers...just because the less of honesty he tried..
ps: Better for you that you gave me my money back without discussion..behaving like this your hotel will not survive its pretty sure but I already told you that in face...

Room Tip: the first word that this guy said is...I dont care the people i care to full the rooms...great mentality I repeat...and even strange to say that to a backpack...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2012 via mobile

The staff here were really really lovely. Each time we came and left the hostel they said hello. The hostel dog nana is also lovely. Double room was spacious but bed a little hard. The hostel also let's you do your laudery for free and store our luggage for 2 days in a locked room free of charge. The rooftop garden is small but usually empty with great views. The only downside was the bird fish tour we booked via them. It was only 50RMB but the boat owner was late so it was dark by the time we left then asked for tips after a 20minute viewing (which is what we paid for) then refused to drop us back where we started but did leave us at the bottom of west street. The hostel is 5 minutes walk away for the main street which is great as its nice and quiet.

• Stayed: August 2012