Stayed in this hostel for 2D1N with my wife the night before we hike Huangshan mountain. My experience can be summarized as below:
- Hostel located at the historic place right on the busy Old Street in Huangshan. It serves as a good base before exploring Huangshan mountain.
- Plenty of food options nearby hostel just along the Old Street.
- Complimentary WiFi coverage throughout the hostel.
- Hostel has a good common area embedded with the restaurant / cafe / bar on the 1st floor that comes with a pool table, foosball, darts and live band playing on selected days to entertain the patrons.
What to expect:
- The hostel shares the front lobby with a tea shop, hence no common area at the lobby for the guests.
- In-room toilet is small but adequate, no toiletries. So bring your own!
What can be improved:
- The walls are relatively thin and you can pretty much hear doors slamming shut and people talking outside or next door if the voices are raised.
- Walkways to the rooms are pretty dark. Would be good if can be brightened.
- One of the best hostel I've stayed in while traveling in China. Cheap, clean and efficient. Value for money.
- Value for money, strategic location to be used as a based to roam around Huangshan.
- Will reconsider this hostel if I happen to revisit Huangshan in the future for its convenience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hostel is located in the center of the city, right on the 500-year-old Old Street, a great tourist attraction site in Huangshan City. Old Street is the center of bus networks making it easy to travel all around the city.Helpful Staff & good location make your stay at Huangshan joyful. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA and Agoda so you can book your Old Street Youth Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.