“Eat like a local”

Polleria y Cocineria Pachacutec
Reviewed 16 July 2018

We ate here twice.
Currently, there's a bargain "prix fixe" menu - for 3500 pesos, you get an appetizer, and entree, and a side.
It's a busy place, with only one or two waitstaff. At peak hours, the waitress struggled to keep up, but she was still very patient with me as I translated menu item to my group, even though my Spanish is terrible and her English was limited.
For starters, our party had the Papas a la Huancaina, a Peruvian appetizer of boiled potatoes with Huancaína sauce -- think of it as a spicy potato hollandaise. It was very good. Some also had the Tortilla de Verduras, which is more omelette-like. For entrees, we had Pescado Frito (how can you go wrong) and Churrasco de vacuno. Vacuno seems to be the local word for beef, which was confusing, as I thought it meant "cattle" (see, I warned about my Spanish). Regardless, the person who ordered it said the meat was a little tough, but the sauce was very flavorful and delicious. One of the specialties of the house is Pollo a la Brazas. This is also excellent, but don't order it if you're in a hurry, since they and make it for you when you order. These came with a choice of papas salteada or rice.

Most of the people here were locals, which says something.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Avoid it! Dirty, awful food, slow and unwelcoming service. Go anywhere else, seriously! Only the beers (2, small size) cost us half of what we spent there!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 25 May 2017

By San Pedro standards this place is not as hectic as some of the more tourist friendly places in the centre of town. You can sit over a bottle of wine or a beer with a salad and you won't be bothered by buskers constantly coming round with the hat.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

Terrible service, no help, tried to order several dishes and waitress kept saying nothing is available even though people in the restaurant were eating these items and she took an order in the phone with the items we wanted in front of us

Date of visit: October 2016
1  Thank igor z
Reviewed 22 August 2015

Found the place when walking from Hotel Casa Don Tomas to center of town. The place is simple and clean.

The menu is wide and offer home like Peruvian cuisine, at a very reasonable price.
I found the place at lunch time, and I think it was a good option. They have very complete menus. I had: a good fresh salad, rice, and meat (around 6 dollars), cheap to be this area.

Date of visit: August 2015