Pousada Pataxo(Ubatuba)(Great Value!)
US$ 55
US$ 53
Pousada Viva Mar(Ubatuba)(Great Value!)
US$ 46
Pouso54(Ubatuba)(Great Value!)
US$ 46
US$ 40
Pousada Torre del Mar(Ubatuba)(Great Value!)
US$ 54
US$ 50
Pousada Tribo Ubatuba Hostel(Ubatuba)(Great Value!)
US$ 32
  • Breakfast included
Green Haven Hostel(Ubatuba)(Great Value!)
US$ 38
  • Beachfront
Pousada Canto do Dado(Ubatuba)(Great Value!)
US$ 53
  • Breakfast included
Villa Tenorio(Ubatuba)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsactual townsmall hotelrelaxed atmospheresao paulomunicipalityspecialtieseduardostrayimmigrantsstretchpraiasurfersbeachbrazil
Reviewed 6 September 2017

My wife and I spent a few days, and we had a great time, the staff is nice and friendly, and the place is clean with a laid back feel. The beach view and proximity is fantastic without being to luxurious, a great deal for the price, we are looking forward to go back.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights. The beach was super chill. It's perfectly suited for families with small children due to the calm, warm waters & powdery white sand. Other than stand up paddle boarding there aren't any other beach activities. If you're looking for a party beach atmosphere, this is not the place. Staff were nice, some English spoken. Chair & umbrellas were provided as well as food & drink service right on the beach. The pool wasn't as inviting as the pictures made it out to be. There were no umbrellas or padding for the chairs. This is the best hotel on the beach in Ubatuba, however it's very average in comparison to international standards. One downside is that your dining options for the area are limited to the hotel. Breakfast was average, otherwise the food from the restaurant was poorly executed. Rooms were basic but comfortable with some modern upgrades.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2016

We stayed at hotel porte di mare for 1 night. Service was very nice. Everybody was super friendly. Even though our booking was for 2, we went as a part of 3, and employees did a great job managing the issue when they were fully booked. Breakfast was pretty good. Rooms are decent size, location is nice. The only thing I would say, pool seemed dirty but no one was using it anyways.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2015

A peaceful paradise summarizes my visit. I stayed for 5 nights at the end of June-beginning of July as a solo English-speaking female traveler. A taxi from Sao Paulo is about 3.5 hours and so worth the trip! The ride is very scenic. I felt complete happiness & peace when arriving here, surrounded by the forest, ocean, and kindness of the hotel. Everyone from the owner, management, the front desk, waiters at the restaurant, to the maids, were friendly, wonderful, and accommodating! So many names to list, so I will just thank everyone all at once!!!! I felt safe, welcomed, and very much at home. I'm vegetarian and the restaurant had many delicious options. I was lucky to be visiting during low season and often had the hotel to myself. My room was clean, quiet, and had a beautiful view of the calm ocean, which is steps in front of the hotel. The beach makes for a lovely walk and connects to paths to other beaches on each end.

The highlight of my stay was surfing! When I emailed the hotel to ask about a surf guide, Diego was extremely helpful & put me in immediate contact with André, who owns Alaia Tourism. I cannot say enough positive things about Alaia Tourism. André, the owner, was my individual surf guide for three days, and was also my driver back to the airport in Sao Paulo. He is honestly the best surf guide I have ever had in my surf travels! He has clear passion & expertise in surfing and the local area. We visited several gorgeous breaks, and he took the time to scientifically explain to me the details of each break that contribute to favorable conditions. That kind of knowledge is rarely provided by surf guides. I appreciate how he selected breaks that suited my ability level, always making sure that I was comfortable and safe. He also gave me key surfing tips to improve my surfing and took fun pictures of me surfing too. Regardless if you are a beginner, intermediate, or advanced surfer, I highly recommend contacting André!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 July 2015

The hotel Porto Di Mare is located on a bay south of Ubatuba. The rest of the sea front properties are almost all private residences. This means the beach is very quiet. We arrived on a Sunday, with a few guests, but on Monday, the beach hotel and the beach were almost empty. There are a few locals on the beach, though. It is a lovely and quite neighborhood with not much commercial activity. If you do not want to eat in the hotel, you may have to drive to Ubatuba, about 10 car minutes away. The hotel itself is about 40 years old but the current owners (grandson of the original owners) is making sure it looks fresh and new. The rooms may be considered basic, but the bed was comfortable and the shower was good. The rooms have mini fridges and airco and we had a fantastic view of the ocean, with a small balcony to enjoy the evenings.
Wifi is available throughout the hotel for free. The pool is on the first floor but we preferred sitting on the desolate beach. There is bar service on the beach, excellently provided by Wilson,Pedro and Joezinho. The breakfast offers lots of choice. Th restaurant opens at noon and is open non stop for lunch and dinner snacks until 22 hours. The menu is good and varied.
Staff in the hotel is very friendly. No effort is too big for them. Most of them speak English, so good for non Portuguese speaking guests. The owners are very friendly and on site most of the time. It is a great place to relax and enjoy the coastal life.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple