“Good Hotel Choice for Business”

Transamerica Executive The First
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Sorocaba
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Good Hotel Choice for Business”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Traveled to this Hotel in August 2008
Good Hotel for Business purpose, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was Ok.

Buen Hotel para negocios en Sorocaba, limpio y confortable, el desayuno esta Ok, sin ser magnifico.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Extreme122
, Gerente at Transamerica Executive The First, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Dear Mr.,
Thank you for your comments and we are pleased that we could meet your expectations. We appreciate the feedback about your time spent with us. Any opinions and suggestions from our clients are very important to us.

Transamérica Executive The First
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Whangaparaoa, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Stayed here in an excellent room...really spacious and clean. Staff were friendly but completely overwhelmed at checkout (go early to do this). I had to wait 30 mins in a queue despite three people serving. The hotel is in a good location, next door to a modern shopping mall. The only thing it needs really is a bar...I don't think there is one anywhere in the hotel?

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank 777pj777
, Gerente at Transamerica Executive The First, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to know that our clients like the infrastructure and the privileged location that brings convenience and peace of mind to the stay of our guests. We would like to thank you once again and hope to see you again soon.

Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I am in Sorocaba regularly on business from Europe . Unfortunately it seems that there is a lack of competition for business hotels in Sorocaba which is not beneficial for quality. Generally the hotels here do not meet the standard you would get for a equivalent price in central Europe.

What I liked:
+ Rooms are spacious and clean, equipped with flat screen TV and kitchenette, ironing board and iron, private safe
+TV offered movie channels like Telecine
+ Supermarkets and shopping mall just a 2 minute walk away
+ Restaurants in Campolim just 5-10 minute walk away
+ elevator is reasonably fast
+ Parking is free, I just dropped the key with the reception and they happily put my car in the closed garage

What I did not like:
- The hotel is very well booked, due to bookig situation I had the feeling that personnel did not feel it was necessary to care about me and go the "extra mile", they charged me for late checkout even though this had been arranged without any mention of a surcharge before
- Even after having paid half a dozen times they still did manage to get my companies address on the invoice without me asking and checking at least once
- Breakfast service is downright terrible at peak times around 7am as the restaurant is far to small for the high number of business travellers. As a result I got no seat, there were not enough plates or cups or other items so I had to wait.
- Noise: My room was out to the back facing the car park, I perceived the lower floors to be less loud than at the top. Even out to the back there is a considerable background noise of traffic.
- Location is on the other side of Sorocaba from the industrial district with big companies in the north so I had to leave latest at 7 in order to avoid the Sorocaba traffic.
- Wireless Network was slow in the evening
- Laundry service was rather expensive

My resume: Acceptable only due to limited choice in Sorocaba, not my first choice.

Room Tip: I pereceived first floor out to the back to IBIS hotel to be quiet, of course the view is better at...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank seamonk
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your contact and for sharing your experience, which assists us in our commitment with continuous improvements in order to meet the expectations of every client. Some factors are inevitable, however we apologize for the inconvenience and we hope to welcome you once again to verify the improvements.

Reviewed 3 November 2010

The hotel is nice. Breakfast is a bit poor.
Location is good and attendants are just OK. Nothing special.

Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank thiagobertolo
Dear Mr. Thiago,
Thank you for your comments. It is ecellent to know that our clients are pleased with our services. We hope to see you soon.

Brazil
Reviewed 19 June 2009

Room spacious, clean and comfortable. The small kitchen with microwave and coffee maker can be useful in many situations, but the cafeteria that serves the coffee is very cozy. My tip is to get the higher floors because the street is quite noisy and the windows do not block the noise that start early ... My stay was a season of cold and I regret that heating the water was not very efficient. The location must be considered. The hotel is on the border of the city of Sorocaba and Votorantim, and next to the best shopping center in the region.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Reberson
Dear Mr. Roberson,
Thank you for your comments and for sharing your experience. We are pleased to know that the infrastructure, location and hospitality offered, valued by our brand, have provided you with an excellent stay. We hope to welcome you once again.