See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 August 2016

Me and my girlfriend stayed three nights in one of their private 2-person rooms. The room had a balcony area outside which was very nice (although I believe no other rooms do) and it was clean. The hostel in general is small (it is a long-thin terraced house) but cosy, with a alright kitchen and a shaded seating area.

The staff were friendly.

The hostel is located in vila madalena, an area of Sao Paulo that is filled with bars and restaurants. If that is not your thing, there is a metro about 10 minutes walk away that allows you to get to other areas of the city, however the bars are quite loud so don't expect much peace and quiet on some nights.

The hostel was cheap and overall enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent two nights in a private room at Giramondo. Our room very cute, separate from all the dorms and other rooms as it was only accessible by its own set of stairs from the courtyard, and although the balcony in front of the room was "public space" it kind of felt like our own private courtyard because nobody else went up to that area.
The staff were all very friendly - although there seemed to be more staff hanging around the hostel than other guests, which was a little odd. The hostel was very quiet in general, we didn't see many other guests at all.
The breakfast was very very basic, and disappointing that it wasn't attended very well (when things ran out they weren't topped up).
In a good area, walking distance from the metro and various bars and restaurants. This is supposedly the party area of town but we can't really comment on that because we were at the very end of a long trip and went to bed early both nights.
Would recommend this hostel as a great, comfortable budget option in the expensive city of São Paulo.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2015 via mobile

It is a nice house, in a good location. The 8 bed dorm we stayed in was on par with most hostels. The pillows were filthy, around a quarter of the hooks on the lockers were broken but the beds were comfortable and the room clean. I'd say it's a safe place. It seemed to be mostly used by locals to crash on party nights, as most of the travelling backpackers I met here were looking for other hostels to stay at. The breakfast was done with very little effort. There's tea bags and hot chocolate powder but no hot water or milk? There's juice, but couldn't find any cups? bananas, bread, cheese and butter seemed to be the entirety of the breakfast. Also a small, messy kitchen.

My big issue here was the bathrooms. The bathrooms weren't very inviting to begin with. There are 2 individual rooms with a toilet and a shower each on the first floor and 2 nicer ones on the second floor. My personal gripe with this hostel and the reason I'm writing this review is because I woke up and had to urinate and both bathrooms on the first floor were being showered in. So I waited for the first to open, I went in and the toilet was completely full and clogged. So I went to the second floor where the lone hostel worker stood in the doorway and refused to let me urinate and told me: these rooms are for the second floor guests only, sorry just hold your urine and wait for the other bathroom to open on the first floor! All while she stood in front of an open functioning bathroom :( Terrible service!!! I was very upset. I just wanted to take a piss...

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

The location near all the restaurants and bars of vila madalena is just perfect. I liked the Atmosphere in thos quite hostel. Thanks to Sandro the Owner who helped me with everything i needed. The Hostel is very clean and i had hot water in the shower everytime. I couldn t lock my stuff in the dorm..but i stayed alone and could lock my door. So nothing actuaööy to complain.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2015

The hostel is located in a nice house in Vila Madalena, a beautiful area in Sao Paulo. I stayed there only one night, and it was ok, but honestly it was not nothing special. I think that the main reason for my very "cold" opinion it that the hostel was packed, because a big rock festival was ongoing in Sao Paulo and this was the ONLY bed I could find (out of 10 hostels I checked online). So there were too many guests and the people working there were not prepared. Everything was fine, but since I payed 100 R$ for a bed in a 8 bed dorm (probably because of this rock festival ongoing), I was expecting something better. Nothing bad, but I arrive at 7 PM and my bed is not free, then the locker is broken and falls on my feet twice, the breakfast is just a joke (no more coffee, cheap biscuits, butter and 3 oranges. not just for me, 3 oranges in total), the bathroom is done in such a basic way that it gets floaded after you take a shower. No major problems, but I have seen much better places in Sao Paolo, even for half this prize. One more thing: is 15 minutes walking distance to the Vila Madalena metro station. In Sao Paulo you do not walk this distance over night, so take a cab. Don't worry Taxi is cheap (<10 R$).

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo