See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

The location near all the restaurants and bars of vila madalena is just perfect. I liked the Atmosphere in thos quite hostel. Thanks to Sandro the Owner who helped me with everything i needed. The Hostel is very clean and i had hot water in the shower everytime. I couldn t lock my stuff in the dorm..but i stayed alone and could lock my door. So nothing actuaööy to complain.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2015

The hostel is located in a nice house in Vila Madalena, a beautiful area in Sao Paulo. I stayed there only one night, and it was ok, but honestly it was not nothing special. I think that the main reason for my very "cold" opinion it that the hostel was packed, because a big rock festival was ongoing in Sao Paulo and this was the ONLY bed I could find (out of 10 hostels I checked online). So there were too many guests and the people working there were not prepared. Everything was fine, but since I payed 100 R$ for a bed in a 8 bed dorm (probably because of this rock festival ongoing), I was expecting something better. Nothing bad, but I arrive at 7 PM and my bed is not free, then the locker is broken and falls on my feet twice, the breakfast is just a joke (no more coffee, cheap biscuits, butter and 3 oranges. not just for me, 3 oranges in total), the bathroom is done in such a basic way that it gets floaded after you take a shower. No major problems, but I have seen much better places in Sao Paolo, even for half this prize. One more thing: is 15 minutes walking distance to the Vila Madalena metro station. In Sao Paulo you do not walk this distance over night, so take a cab. Don't worry Taxi is cheap (<10 R$).

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Manuela V
Reviewed 11 March 2015 via mobile

Nice hostel in Vila Madalena with lovely host who was always checking to see if he can make our stay better. They had a great jazz party on Sunday, and otherwise a very relaxed vibe (might be different if the hostel were full). Good WiFi. Great value for money.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 February 2015

Simplicity, security and tranquility. Is an excellent place to stay with friends, close to many parties. Beer without leaving home , great breakfast and many places for lunch and cheap snacks nearby..

Room Tip: Best hostel
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank igorcandeia
Reviewed 27 January 2015

Had a very nice stay at giramondo hostel. The owner gave very good advice about good restaurants and places in São Paulo. Located in the safe but at the same time interesting area of Vila Madelena, and is situation close to the metro. Nice and clean rooms.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple