“Location and excellent value!”

Nobile Paulista Prime
Ranked #51 of 324 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Somerset, New Jersey
“Location and excellent value!”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

My husband and I spent five days in São Paulo, our first extended stay in the city, and wanted a hotel convenient to the subway, shopping and cultural attractions in a safe area. After a lot of searching, we settled on this place just a block and a half from Avenida Paulista.

The hotel, not too surprisingly, seems to attract mostly business people so be prepared for a busy breakfast area on weekdays. The front desk staff were courteous and quick although, and I say this as a Brazilian (and hence native speaker of Portuguese), the younger staffers had the annoying habit of mumbling instead of speaking clearly. The one older staffer was very clear and, as a bonus, spoke very good English (for the benefit of my husband). A taxi stand at the door of the hotel and free WiFi add to the convenience of this hotel.

The choices of food at breakfast were quite good: breads, yogurt, fruit, hot dishes, cake, fruit juices, etc. I quickly discovered a free cafezinho machine in the lobby that soon became a quick way to feed my caffeine addiction. The exercise area is large, larger in my experience than what I would expect in a hotel this size, although the weight machines needed maintenance. The hotel has a nice size pool but, on account of the cool weather, we didn't get to us it.

Finally, and this is the best feature of this hotel, is the fact that it is located between two well-regarded restaurants (we ate at one, Shintori, an expensive but good Japanese place) and near many other restaurants and bakeries. The São Paulo Art Museum is a short walk away as is the Trianon-MASP subway station. For book and CD shoppers, Livraria Cultura is a few blocks west on Avenida Paulista while FNAC is about one block or so east. There's even a Starbucks less than a block away. Parque do Ibirapuera and other attractions are a short taxi ride away. Were we to spend several days in Sampa again, we would certainly stay here again, at least if ready access to Avenida Paulista is a priority.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor to avoid noise from the street below which can be busy late into the night.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Aegletes
QualityJardins, Gerente geral at Nobile Paulista Prime, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Dear Aegletes,

Thank you very much for taking time to give us your valued opinion.

We would like to express our sincerely apologize because we were unable to offer you a perfect stay! And as the General Manager of the hotel I would like to take responsible for it. I already toke the necessary procedures with our Maintenance and Front Desk Manager to improve the hotel.

We want to offer our guests the best of our services. Anything you need, do not hesitate to contact me, it is going to be a huge pleasure to receive you again as our guest.

Verena Bogéa
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed 30 July 2012

After reading so many reviews of this hotel on Tripadvisor I scheduled my next trip to São Paulo and booked it.
Without any doubt the location is the must of this hotel. Only a few meters away from Av. Paulista where you can reach banks, book stores, cinemas and restaurants. Right next to you there is FNAC which is a huge book store in SP. The hotel itself its just a normal hotel. I really didn't think there is anything special about it, but its definitely a good hotel with a good price.
I found the recepcion crew slow. I had to wait for the check in and wait while checking out. The hotel has to do something about it, as it really annoyed me. Breakfast was very good, but nothing different from other hotels in SP with the same status. I didn't see the swmming pool.
I had to use the telephone of my room a couple of times and my bill was high!!! It's a rip off, do not use the phones in your room unless you really have to.The room was spacious and clean, and this is important. The bathroom towels smelled like strawberry and it has a good tv and mini bar. The problem is I got a room turned to Alameda Campinas and I found it a bit noisy. This hotel shouldn't be this noisy. So this is a negative mark. I noticed a small leak in my toilet seat as the floor towel got wet. Room 702. The couch inside the room needs a wash up as well.
I ordered a beirut restaurant. It costed me 25 bucks for a piece of lettuce, tomatoes and cheese...not even acompained with fries as other hotels do.
So
positive points: location, price and cleaness. This is a good hotel, with a very good price, in a nice location and clean.
negative points: noise in my room 702, the reception crew was way too slow and the food is expensive and just alright.
I believe having a good night of sleep is very important. I ended up sleeping after words, but I had to wait the traffic to slow down at Alameda Campinas.
As I didn't get impressed due to the former evaluations of the hotel and as I had trouble sleeping I am not going to give it a higher grade. But it is indeed a good hotel if you are looking for a good location, cleaninless, and nice price.
Oh...I left the hotel for 4 to 5 hours and when I came back, my room was not cleaned...
The value is not only the daily prices of the hotel, but the cost of food and phone calls as well, some I have to lower this grade.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank DeMarco10
Hi, Mr. Marco!

How are you?

It’s great to have our customers’ opinion registered here at Trip Advisor! Thank you for your time!

As the General Manager of the hotel I would like to tell you that I had a meeting with the Maintenance and Front Desk Manager to improve the hotel, after your comments. They were very important for us!

I would like to inform you that we do have a swimming pool, in the back of the hotel, hope you can enjoy it in a next opportunity.

Kind Regards,

Verona, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This hotel was close to many restaurants in the area within safe walking distance. The hotel itself was clean, the room was comfortable and the staff was very friendly. The price was fairly expensive for this class of hotel, but I guess that is typical for this area of Sao Paulo these days. I will be returning to the city in the future and I plan to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, Gerente geral at Nobile Paulista Prime, responded to this review, 14 July 2012
Dear Mr. BenjaB,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking time to give us your valued opinion.

We appreciate your compliments!

Thank you for choosing Quality Jardins and we do hope to see you again soon in our hotel.

Salvador, BA
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Well, this hotel is great and I liked it very much. But I barelly stayed at the hotel, because I had to adress some business, so I arrived very late at my hotel room. The localization is perfect, nice neighborhood and very close to MASP (a museum) and to a subway station. There are small shoppings centers nearby. I had a small problem at my second day, because they tryed to charge me a bootle of water and a soda that I did not consume, but they immediately canceled it, after I complained. Also, you have to be careful with the bathroom's door, because if you leave it open, the steam may trigger the fire alarm (never happened while I stayed there, but I heard about it from a couple of friends that stayed in the hotel back in 2010).

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Vitor_BR
, Gerente geral at Nobile Paulista Prime, responded to this review, 22 June 2012
Dear Mr. Vitor,

Thank you for taking time to give us your valued opinion.

We appreciate your compliments, and would like to apologize for any inconvenience about the charges. We already did a meeting about the case, to avoid happening again.

We hope to see you again soon in our hotel.

Chandigarh, India
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 2 days. Its a basic business hotel. The rooms are small and compact but very clean and are done up well. The hotel offers free wifi. English speaking guests may face some problem as most the staff does not know english. The best part about the hotel is its location. It is located just a block away from Av. Paulista. Rua Augusta and other shopping area can be easily walked to. There a number of banks, departmental stores,restaurants and eating out places like dominos, starbucks, subway etc. just outside the hotel. The metro station is less than half a km from the hotel. In all a very convenient hotel to stay in Sao Paulo. !!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ShikhirG
QualityJardins, General Manager at Nobile Paulista Prime, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Dear Mr. ShikhirG,

How are you?

It was a huge pleasure for us, to welcome you to São Paulo in our hotel!

We really appreciate your time to register your satisfaction on Trip Advisor, such an important site for travelers all around the world! I am sorry the staff was unable to attend you in English, please notice that we are offering some opportunities with some courses to them so they will be able to help you better next time!
In deed the location of the hotel is amazing and we have great options around the hotel!

We hope to see you soon back here!

Have a great day! Kind Regards,