“Comfortable and close to Expo Center Norte”

Wyndham Garden Convention Nortel
Ranked #87 of 328 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed 12 April 2017

The hotel is nice and comfortably located some 1,8 km from Expo Center Norte so can you easily walk to the exhibition center or to the nearby shopping center and Carrefour supermarket. On Avenida Villares you will find several fast food and restaurants including a fish fast food for those who don't eat meat... Breakfast is ok and fruit is delicious. The hotel is 5 min walking from Jardim Sao Paulo - Ayrton Senna subway (walk across the sport center to make it shorter). If you wake up early in the morning, just walk to the sport center at 6:30 and join the people walking around the building to exercise :). What I didn't like: the fridge in my room was very noisy and the hotel changed property (and name) the day before my arrival so it was difficult to find it. Tip: from/to Guarulhos (GRU) airport, don't take the Airport Bus Service for Terminal Rodoviario Tietè (BRL 48.80) but for Tatuapé (BRL 5.80), which is not too far from the airport and it is just outside a shopping center (safe and lots of people around).

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Erica M, Gerente at Wyndham Garden Convention Nortel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Wyndham Garden Nortel. It is always a pleasure to have feedbacks.

We will share your comments with our team. We are sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you very much for your tips.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have visit very soon

Kind Regards,

Wyndham Garden Nortel

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

If you are in São Paulo for an exhibition in Expo Centre Norte, this hotel has the best location and it takes max. 5 mins to reach there by a taxi. On the contrary, the neighborhood is not good. Room furnitures are old but it works, average wi-fi, excellent air condition and good breakfast.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We will share your comments with our team. We are sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We would like to inform you our refurbished rooms with special rates.

Kind Regards,

Wyndham Garden Nortel

Reviewed 3 March 2017

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 1 October 2016

Stayed for ~2½ week, apartment looked new renovated and kitchen was good. Surrounding area absolutely a plus. Plenty of restaurants and shopping options within a 5-10 min. walk.
Reception and housekeeping better than standard, very friendly and helpful, and house keeping even did the dishes ( not normal for service apartments).
Laundry, self service also an option, and the machines are big.
Can only recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Lourdes C, Gerente at Wyndham Garden Convention Nortel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2016

Reviewed 15 September 2016

I was a little apprehensive about how my stay would be as it was my first time in Brazil. I had read mixed reviews prior to my stay about the hotel, but I was open minded. My friends and I are English speakers, I was the most fluent in Portuguese within my group. The hotel is located in Santana which is a safe area, I didn't have any problems when staying there and I did explore the area quite a bit. The staff at the reception were friendly one of the ladies was more fluent in English thus she helped us to check-in, this was pretty straight forward. We arrived around 9/10am due to an early flight. But we are able to check in an hour early which was very handy. The hotel is about a 30min drive from GRU airport.

Myself and two other friends shared a Standard apartment which had a queen sized bed and a single bed. The room was clean, very spacious, we also had a kitchenette, pots, plates, cutlery and glasses and cups, a sofa, a mini bar fridge (the items in the mini bar fridge and snacks are charged). The bed was extremely comfortable and very spacious. The shower was very big also with lots of space, I loved the mirror in the bathroom.

I had breakfast most days of my trip there was quite a large variety of options to choose from I really liked the pao de queijo ( cheese bread). The coconut cake was also very nice. I had room service for dinner on one occasion I ordered a pizza which was very nice and was quite big, it was worth the money. The hotel offers a free shuttle bus which leaves every hour and stops at the Expo centre and the Shopping Center Norte which I utilised most days to go to the shopping centre, the shuttle bus also stops back at the Shopping centre and takes you back to the hotel. This was very handy and saved a lot of money as we didn't need to take taxis there. There are taxis stationed at the hotel which makes it easy to get a taxi if you need one. Most of the taxi drivers speak little or no English whatsoever, therefore it would be advised to have a Portuguese speaker with you to translate.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel there was only one hiccup regarding the minibar but this was due to the language barrier but was resolved quite fairly. On my next visit to Sao Paulo I would be quite likely to stay the hotel again. I didn't get a chance to use the swimming pool nor the gym. The gym was very small but had the basic machines you'd usually find in a gym and weights.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Lourdes C, Gerência at Wyndham Garden Convention Nortel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

Dear PKG_Foodie,