All reviews business hotel nice pool business trip big difference air con clean rooms nice place to stay breakfast buffet is stayed for nights shopping centre hotel is located within walking distance security gym neighborhood
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The Novotel is nicely located in Sao Jose dos Campos. Takes about 60-90 minutes to reach from the main airport in Sao Paulo. It was the first time that someone from my company was visiting this place and I was anxious about the reservation etc. I was delighted by the reception and treatment. This is a very good hotel for people who have business in this area. The lobby is spacious and adjoins the restaurant. The rooms are reasonably spacious, quiet and impotantly has a good internet (very imporatnt in business travel). I struggled a bit with the food (dinner) but that is because I am a vegetarian. Some more choices would have made me happier I think. The breakfast had very good spread though. The staff are very polite, speak English well. The checkin/out was quick and simple.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I be at the Novotel hotel for a week.
Very camftable hotel.
Very good service.
It's more a business hotel. Very noisy during the day. A lot of purples come and go, but it's good.
I didn't visit at the town, as I understand from a friend, it's nice city. From the airport of Sao Paolo it's taking a hour to get the town.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Danny R
Reviewed 29 March 2014

no problem, just room decor may need to be refreshed now, it has been same since last 8 years I have been coming. Staff is great, food is good, really a good business hotel. Internet is good and solid, security is good. some colleagues left another hotel in area and checked in here and were happy.

Room Tip: Try 3rd floor rooms, if late departure, ask till 7pm
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2014

A solid choice in SJdC. I've heard it is the best hotel in town, and I don't doubt it. That being said, for a city with so many international business travelers that work in high paying industries, SJdC really lacks truly amazing hotels. But the Novotel is very solid.

The hotel set up my airport pickup and it was perfect. R$240 directly to the driver, and I was at the hotel in an hour on the Saturday morning (it took 2 hours to get back on a rainy Friday night, but for the same price). I arrived several hours before check-in, but got right up to my room. The place was filled with local families enjoying the pool. Seems as though that's how the weekends work here - lots of locals enjoying what I heard is the best pool in own (it really is quite nice). On Sundays, it switches to mostly international business travelers.

All of the staff that I interacted with were very friendly. Most spoke English quite well, some spoke none at all. They pointed me towards restaurants and bars, called taxis for me, and were always smiling.

My room was basic but comfortable and clean. It overlooked the pool, which was nice, and was quiet even with all of the noise at the pool. The WiFi was free and usually good, but REALLY slowed down on the weeknights to the point that it was inoperable at some times.

The breakfast was good but not great. It filled you up, but nothing was wonderful by any means. I had dinner a couple of times and got mixed results - hamburger and club sandwich were not great but okay; Picanha was quite delicious.

The location of the hotel is okay...there isn't a ton around for food or drink, but if you're willing to walk it's 10 minutes to the mall or 20 minutes to some good bars and restaurants. They say to take a taxi when it's dark, which I did. During the day, I did a lot of walking and even jogging and never once felt fearful of my surroundings. Everyone in SJdC is so friendly, even to those who speak zero Portuguese like myself.

Will certainly stay here on my next trip!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Zacharius
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights. This is the first time I visited Brazil so I can't compare with other hotels there, but I saw several ants and one big spider in my room throughout the stay. I didn't bother reporting this to the front desk.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business