See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

The hotel gardens and pools are great the beach is great too however they have NO SEATS for you to take. I went with my 70 yearold mum, she cannot be seated on the sand and i like the sea better than the pool....so we had to split.;( I would have rented seat if they had been available
As for breakfast room, they won't let you get in not even with your bag... they are afraid guests might take food away for their lunch!!! If this were the case, they should invest in personnel and not treat me like a school child because i usually carry a mini bag with my morning medicine and my iPhone!!!!

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2015 via mobile

2 positive points: the beach just at the end of the property and the gardens are nice.
Negatives...the hotel has not refurbishment in ages. The furnishings in the rooms are at a 2 star level. My window did not close, the air conditioning did not refresh and made a lot of noise. The fan made a noise also. The ammenities listed on the site are in poor conditions and lastly the breakfast is poor in quality (not in quantity) and you feel like in a canteen. Wifi is slow.

Plus they charge you the cost of a 4 star.

So in summary the selling point is the location near the beach

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Henri_R_F
Reviewed 11 March 2014

After TAM airlines cancelled my flight, they sent me to this hotel promising it was a paradise beach hotel.
The hotel has direct access to the beach, which is great. They gave me a beach umbrella but they don't provide beach towels.
However, it seems to be built 50 years ago and never renovated. Everything was clean, but corrosion is everywhere, tap water comes out brown often, very old blankets and towels.
It has many pools and green areas but they all need mainteinance and renovation.
Everything is damaged or broken. gameroom almost made me cry, it has 2 broken fuzzball tables, a very damaged ping pong table with tennis balls instead of the proper ones and the worst pool table I have ever seen.
The spa pool is so old full of dirt and corrosion.
Staff is good, food is ok, free wifi saved my day.

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MeyerLevy
Reviewed 7 June 2010

My husband and I supposed to stay in this hotel from 18th May to 25th May 2010, but we left it on the fourth day.
After the first night, we had to change rooms, due to a leaking roof and the TV not working.
The second day we thought our snacks had gone missing, but were unsure.
The third day, we knew that part of our snacks had disappeared.
The fourth day, we returned to the room, checket our snacks, and again some more had disappeared.
When we informed the reception the attention was " very bad and poor" .
Nobody took the responsability.
At this point, we decided to check out and booking to Hotel Sao Sebastiao in Campeche; It is much nicer!!!!!
Morro das Pedras Hotel has two positive points:
- Good breakfast and nive view.
In general hotel needs a new decoration, an excellent costume service and reliable staff.

Date of stay: May 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sonia M
Reviewed 13 January 2009

We arrived to the hotel early in the morning, tired of our long trip from Uruguay (1400km). Attention was very bad from the beginning, specially from the reception lady. Did not have any help to carry luggage to the room (very far walking from reception). This lady expected us to sign and fill forms before entering the room (Our baby was crying desperately) Room was old fashioned and altough we asked for a department with kitchen, the cook was out of order, and never worked.
Never got the remote control (asked several times). Last day, when payed, this lady showed me the form I had signed, but the price had been altered by her, and I could not see what was written behind. I do not recomend this hotel. As I said, rooms are old fashioned, and the entire hotel is in poor conditions. Everithing is deteriorated, and not only because being near the sea.

Date of stay: March 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Marcenaty