1,234 results
All reviews nice resort the rear entrance rooms are huge pool bar jurere beach late check nice size other hotels comfortable rooms short walk nice stay cakes pools concierge neighborhood valet floripa
Reviewed 23 March 2018

Our experience started before our stay even began. We walked to the hotel in the rain and were given towels to dry off with as we were standing at the reception desk - we didn't even have a reservation.

Upon checking in we were given a room with a good location; we overlooked the open air shopping and had a slight view of the ocean. We were soon overwhelmed by a foul smell. A call to the reception desk resulted in the maintenance staff arriving in just a couple of minutes. Soon another maintenance man showed up, and then another. We were asked to move rooms as they worked on the issue. Our new room didn't quite have the view but it was very fresh and clean.

The pool area was quite nice. While we only swam in one of the outdoor pools we did walk by all of them. They were all kept clean, the staff was attentive, and the water was warm.

The security of the hotel was fantastic as well. There presence was known upon walking into the lobby. Perhaps most importantly they were stations at the rear entrance and were there to ensure only guests were permitted back onto the hotel grounds after the short walk from the busy public beach.

At the beach reclining chairs and umbrellas were provided. There was no additional charge for these items. While the hotel is not right on the beach it is only a short walk (less than 5 minutes) from our room until our feet were in the soft sand.

The restaurants were a pleasure to eat at. One of our evenings we walked up to the bar for a few drinks but ended up eating dinner there as well. Another evening we were spoiled with a delicious dinner, just incredible. The breakfast was a pleasing surprise as well. There were many different choices for all people.

Now for the very best part. The staff of the restaurant were all very helpful, friendly, and caring Our Portuguese is not the best, several times we asked for assistance in translating the menu from Portuguese to English. Every time there was someone right there doing all they could to assist. The biggest asset this hotel has is Carla. Carla is a server at the bar/restaurant. While she claims her English is not very good she is selling herself short - she is very fluent in English and never missed an opportunity to help. During our stay if we ever had an issue communicating Carla was there to assist. She really was a pleasure to have around and is a huge reason of why we would return to this hotel. We were sad to say goodbye to her when our adventure ended.

muito obrigado Carla e esperamos vê-lo novamente

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
JI Administraçã... H, Gerente at Il Campanario Villaggio Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Hi Jay,

Thank you for your feedback, which I have shared with the the entire team, specialy with Carla. I´m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Stayed there during Brazilian Carnival and overall it was an excellent stay. Would give a 4.5 stars rate if possible.

Location: very nice location at Jurere Internacional, close to the beach and to several other things to do (stores, restaurants, etc). Easy to get there from the road through the second exit to Jurere, first to Jurere Internacional.

Hotel: parking is not included. I believe it costs something like 25R$ per day but not sure (it wasn't much more than any of the other hotels I have stayed at before). Front desk was excellent and very helpful. We were able to make an early check-in to use the hotel pools leaving our luggage in the car while they prepared our room. The hotel also provided a free late check-out (4PM). The pools were awesome with 3 different options that went from heated to natural temperature.

Room: excellent! I could say that this was one of the best rooms I have ever stayed at, if not the best. The room is more like an apartment with a kitchen/dinning area, a TV room, a bedroom and a bathroom. It was all very clean (besides the dishes and glasses but I would clean them again anyway), very spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was excellent as well. Main complaint regarding the room was the A/C that automatically turned-on and would make the room too cold during the night.

Breakfast: lots of options to choose from, with nice cheese options and fresh juices. I recommend getting your stay with breakfast included with my main complaint of it being the cakes and sweets. I have tried many of the cake options during the stay and almost all of them were either blend or not very well made/cooked.

Pool bar: had many of the drinks options and a few of the plates. They were all very well prepared and had good sizes. Their prices were very good when compared to places in Curitiba (city I am from) with the drinks averaging 20 to 25R$ and the dishes 25-30R$. The problem with the pool bar was that it wasn't very organized, sometimes it took them 5 minutes to bring your order and at other times more than 30 minutes. This was completely unrelated to how busy the pool was nor to how complicated the drinks/food preparation was.

My main problem with this hotel was when trying to make the reservation through their website as VISA would not allow me to complete it stating that this hotel was not a reliable business. After many tries I ended up making the reservation through Booking.com and was even able to get a better price than the hotel site. The price I ended up paying was relatively high but that is understandable as it was during Carnival, and even when taking that into consideration I still believe this hotel was an excellent choice.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Nice resort for families. Rooms are big, and can accomodate 4 easily.
Staff is attentive to guests.
Resort is 100 meters from the beach and 100 meters from shopping area.
Beach can get crowded, but if you go early in the morning, no problems.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
JI Administraçã... H, Gerente at Il Campanario Villaggio Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Hello Paul,

Thank you for rating us! Our team works hard to provide the best experience to our guests and is very proud about your feedback.

Hope to have you again with us on your next trip to Florianópolis!

Best regards,

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I had not been to Jurere in a long time and this was advertised like a 5 star hotel, very disappointing to find out i had been there before. Crowded with local families from the area and the rooms are very tired although large. They make you use a wristband to access the hotel, not for me !

Room tip: Most rooms have the same pool view, and some to the small shopping area.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank AlbertoMay
JI Administraçã... H, Gerente at Il Campanario Villaggio Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Dear Mr. May,

Thank you so much for leting us know about your stay.

Jurere Internacional has been on the spot from the past years and became one of the most popular beaches in the island. When the beach is crowded due to the hight season, our guest always have the privilege to enjoy the swiming pool and have a more private experience. That´s also the reason why we use the wristband. This is the way we have to identify our guests and make sure that they can enjoy the hotel facilities safely and comfortably.

I look forward and hope to have you once again as our guest on your next trip to Florianopolis.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

The resort is located 2 min walking distance from Jurere beach in Florianopolis.

It is one of the best of Florianopolis but really average for European standards (service is slow, decoration/furniture is quite outdated and should be refreshed, food choice/quality is average). I was a bit disappointed as I was expecting better food and service for such prices.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amelie_Tomoko
JI Administraçã... H, Operations Manager at Il Campanario Villaggio Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear Mrs. Tomoko,

Thank you for reviwing us!

Your perceptions have been shared with our management and help us to improve the service to reach our guest´s expactations.

We hope to have you again for your next stay in Florianopolis.