“Terrific”

and 1 more site!
Bamboo Flat
Ranked #18 of 93 Hotels in Natal
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I were there with our 1-year old for the world cup. Loved Bamboo Flat. Convenient location, on the southern (nicer) end of the beach. Wonderful owners Marco and Teresa, who were more than helpful. The apartment was clean and comfortable, with everything we needed. Can't recommend this place enough.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nonew2222

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I loved my time at the Bamboo Flat. It is such a quaint place about 200m up from the beach at Ponta Negra - and what a beach! The Bamboo has nice big rooms, fully air conditioned, clean as a whistle.
The owner Marco is a fantastic guy. I was here for 4 days during the World Cup. Last Christmas I mailed him asking for info about how to book intercity buses in Brazil. Not only did he give me the info, he booked every single one for me ( 7 in total) and wouldn't accept a penny in payment until I arrived in person. magnificent service, I really can't praise the man highly enough. Also, he was brilliant when we were there, organising taxis, giving advice and recommendations, just a brilliant host- so reassuring when you are a stranger to the country!
The Bamboo is at the end of the main street, there is a supermarket about 200m away, ATM's nearby and as I said, it is very close to the beach where all the best bars and restaurants are.
Fantastic place. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Bozeman-Dublin
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This place was not my style, but was the only thing I could afford during the world cup! The place has a nice view of the ocean/beach, a nice area to relax outside by a (tiny/child size) pool, and is a short walk from the beach. The balcony was good, with a decent view of the beach (and the neighbors). The refrigerator has something stained all over the side, which was not nice. The bathroom did not feel clean - there was still part of a used bar of soap floating in a puddle of water in the soap dish - gross! Plus, our room was not cleaned during our two night stay - I don't like that at all. Marco, the owner, is nice and fixed the toilet when it clogged. Overall, it has all the things you need (kitchen supplies, extra blanket, towels, AC) but I would not say it's nice - more of a backpackers/college student/barefoot traveler's place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Khochi
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for the World Cup in June 2014. We had a great time and it was made even better thanks to Marco and Teresa who took great care of us. Loved having a porch area and a full kitchen along with a nice ocean view. If you stay here you will be very happy. Do stay away from that neighboring culvert/alley at night to avoid any problems and maybe skip the pool and head to the beach instead for a nice swim. The beach is only a few minutes walk from the hotel. Great location!

Room Tip: Oceanview rooms with AC and full kitchen are wonderful.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Great place. Fantastic location, short walk to the beach with a few good shops around. AC in every bedroom, clean, well kept. The WIFI is a bit spotty but if thats the worst thing, you're doing alright. Was here for the World Cup and the owner was amazing. Drove us to one of the games when we couldn't get a cab, set up tours. Let us in in the middle of the night multiple times (sorry). Also didn't price gouge us for the World Cup which was nice. Can't say enough great things about this place. Stay here, you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends