1,309 results
All reviewsgolden tulipleme beacha small swimming poolthe upper floorsexcellent locationrooftop barenjoyed my stayreception stafflate checkchrist the redeemersugarloaf mountainriomaurorenovationfavelaumbrellasportuguese
Reviewed 29 March 2018

We were booked into a superior double room for four nights by our tour operator. Our room on the 12th floor had been recently refurbished and upgraded. There appears to be an ongoing programme of works and room upgrades on the upper floors 18/19/20. We also popped up to the 21st floor to the bar/swimming pool/observation area overlooking Copacabana beach. Pool was quite small. Towels in our room had seen better days were worn out and like sandpaper! Hotel is set back one block from beach and there are a number of restaurants in the area can recommend La Fiorentina - Italian style - had a very tasty steak there - reasonable price too. Buffet breakfasts OK usual selection of fresh juices, fresh fruit, hot and cold foods. Coffee from machines palatable but strong. Variety of fruit/teas available. Ate in hotel restaurant one evening meal was OK but others in our group not impressed with the choice of foods or standards of service, think best to eat elsewhere. Reception staff quite surly and rude not overly helpful, need training in being more welcoming to paying guests.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
BryanBarreto, Manager at Novotel Rio de Janeiro Leme, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Reviewed 28 March 2018

the service was terrible I stayed here with my family for a couple weeks halfway through the aircon stopped working for no reason iasked for help they didn't help me don't come here I am appaled by the food it was all burnt and black

Room Tip: don't come here
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights at end of our South American tour.Beautiful room with excellent view of Copacabana beach, we were on 15th floor,beach is just 1block away from the hotel. This used to be the Golden Tulip hotel and is in an excellent location with loads of bars and restaurants close by.Excellent WiFi throughout hotel,swimming pool very small and only a few sunbeds but was never really busy on the couple of times we went up to the rooftop, which had stunning views of Copacabana,they also supplied towels for both the pool and the beach.
Breakfast excellent with really good choices.Reception always very helpful and all the staff spoke excellent English, which couldn't be said for the staff in local bars and restaurants, although had fun trying to explain what we wanted.
Would recommend this hotel if staying in Rio.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jtw1952

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Good hotel, with a privileged location in Leme Beach and nice service. I have stayed in a new and remodeled area with a very coll room, not spacious though, but with a nice bathroom and great service.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
BryanBarreto, Manager at Novotel Rio de Janeiro Leme, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

I'm Brazilian and have been to Rio many times before. It was my first time at Novotel Copacabana thought and I am planning on never coming back ever again. The hotel itself is ok, comfortable bed and good breakfast. The location is just medium. If you are think you are staying right at Copacabana beach, you are wrong. It takes a considerable amount of walking to get there. But it was the least problem.

The stuff is rude. Not a bit, a lot. I very very very politely asked the barman at the rooftop for a bottle opener and he looked at me like I was a verme. When I completed my sentence saying '... only if it won't bother you', guess what he answered me: You already did!
Perdon, what did you say?
You already did! (Bothered me).

I tried to talk to the manager but a guy at the front desk told me he was in 'charge'. I explained him everything that happened and he insinuated that it was my fault (due to ask for a bottle opener).

It ruined my day. I felt bad, humiliated (there were people around), felt disrespected, felt ashamed. It was sad and I wish no one would feel small like I felt again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ALINE P
BryanBarreto, Gerente de relações com clientes at Novotel Rio de Janeiro Leme, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Dear Aline P,

Firstly, we thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Rio de Janeiro.

We apologize and thank you for letting us know your experience, your review will help us to correct our flaws and make improvements in our procedures.

We want you to know that we will take the corrective measures in order to avoid that other guests experience the same.

We are at your disposal,

Best regards,