Rio Othon Palace Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Rio Roiss Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Hotel Savoy Othon(Rio de Janeiro)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Vilamar(Rio de Janeiro)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Debret(Rio de Janeiro)
  • Beachfront
Pestana Rio Atlantica(Rio de Janeiro)
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Copacabana Posto 5(Rio de Janeiro)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Windsor Martinique Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
1,835 results
All reviewstop floorcopacabana beachwater pressure in the showerswimming pool on the roofhotel is excellentbrilliant locationpanoramic viewstayed for nightsbeach frontroom was largeexcellent breakfastan upgradebreakfast roomrooftop barsugar loafchrist the redeemerskylab
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

incredible view in front of the most of copacabana beach ,very well located, we had a great stay and that thanks to the precious treatement given by the housekeeping stuff of the hotel, mostly the super sweet Sylvia Sardinha who made sure that we were well pampered on our honeymoon with special attentions in our suite, and also to Marcelo arremadeur who took good care of us.

Honestly , the way we were well treated in this hotel made a huge difference in our stay.
i recommend very much.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karim M
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I had a very good experience in the hotel with my girlfriend. The managers and the maids were really attentive. The location is nice in front of the beach and they have towels and chairs available for the beach. The view from the swimming pool in the roof is also great.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fernando C
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The view is the biggest strenght of this hotel inCopacabana (see attached pictures). Unfortunately the service is not always at the level of this hotel’s prices. (Reception very slow, food buffet at breakfast at a 3stars-hotel level)... a pity because it could be a 5-star luxury hotel for its position!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

So we arrived to rio othon, everything seemed fine in the beginning but last day when 2 of our friends were going to just follow me and my friend up to the room to help us with the lugage the hotel strictly denied them access and said no one else is allowed up than the guests. We tried to explain that they were our friends and not people who were going to stay with us, (even suggested to come back with them down after 10 minutes) just go up 10minutes and help us out. Instead the hotel receptionist insulted our friends in a very bad way and pointed out that they are not the kind of people that are welcome in these hotels. The receptionist even asked if our friends were "callgirls" which is outrageous.

Side note. At check in and check out they are also very rude. Moody personal who has no customer oriented mind at all. Instead of explaining everything in a civil matter they tend to be very rude and scream for example "do not stand there" and when day say it will be 20 minutes it is more likely that it will be 1 hour. No organization at all between the personnel and everyone runs atäround like headless chickens.

Really really bad experience for a so called "5 star hotel".

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel facility itself is pretty. So is the breakfast. This is why it's getting 2 stars instead of 1.

The room is not ready when I checked at 11PM. Can't say I'm happy about that. It took another 20 min

The check-in process is ridiculous. It took me 20 minutes to fill in forms for 3 people. Everyone's personal information, travel schedule, and other information. At least half of the information is already in the passport which they took copies. And everyone fill the forms at the reception counter. People behind have to wait.

I thought check-out would be easier. It's only relative. People have lined up for check-in already -- the slow process. We waited for 15 min at the checkout line but on one is doing checkout -- 2 receptionist are busy working on check-in. Eventually, I have to go to Concierge desk. I asked if there is a place to drop the key. He said, "no. you have to check out." He deserved some credit because 5 min later he moved over and checked us out.

There is hotel staff at the beach giving out umbrella. I did not know this and almost rented my own. The staff caught me before that so I did not waste my money. Good. Then the guy started tp helping us to get drinks. I was on the sidewalk and ordered a coconut from a stand. The price was 5. He insisted on helping us. When we were leaving the beach, he told us it's 20. I would have paid him a good tip if he was honest upfront.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family