Chose this hotel after reading favourable reviews about it on TripAdvisor.
When we got here, we were surprised at how old everything was. Yes it is very close to the beach, about a block away... It is also within walking distance of Rio Metro's Ipanema station. But the room and hotel itself was quite in need of some fixing.
The climate control system within the room was really old fashioned and the air that came out was quite humid and warm. Perhaps the thermostat was spoilt. The fixtures and bed were also a little creaky. Nevertheless, the room was quite big and spacious.
What surprised me the most was that the lights in the corridors would turn off automatically and only come on when triggered by motion sensor. I totally understand that it's supposed to save electricity and so forth, but it made the hotel seem cheap. There are better ways to save electricity, perhaps by using LED lights. Moreover, sometimes the motion sensor was slow and you would have to take quite a few steps in the dark before the lights came on.
The lighting situation summed up the hotel experience, functional but cheap and worn. Yet, the price I paid for the room was not exactly what I'd call value for money. This hotel is not worth the price.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Golden Tulip Ipanema Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ipanema Plaza Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Golden Tulip Rio De Janeiro
- Rio De Janeiro Golden Tulip
- Golden Tulip Ipanema Plaza Rio De Janeiro, Brazil