All reviews subway station small room christ the redeemer nice hotel machado flamengo largo supermarket gym
Reviewed 18 November 2017

They canceled my reservation without any reason and I had to talk with them to reactive the reservation. After that they charged my credit card using the american dollars currency when the reservation says very clear that they should charge me in reales, the local currency. Why is so important the currency? Because if they charge you in american dollars currency you will see 6% added to your account because CIELO. CIELO is the company that is managing the credit cards at Brasil. But why hotel is doing that? I don't know but I pretty sure they can save some commisions in that way. Everything was a mess. When I complaing about that, they just wanted to cancel my reservation again instead of resolving the problem.

Room Tip: Never use this hotel
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

this hotel is very clean, modern, and the breakfast is outstanding! The staff is very nice and professional. The employee Luciana greeted us upon our arrival as if we were very special! We stayed in a suite very comfortable and quiet!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Staff was friendly at reception, free wifi. I had a cancelled flight and this hotel was chosen by Azul airlines. The neighbourhood wasn't the best. The room was comfortable, clean but tired decor with appliances needing to be replaced.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

+ Location. Close to Metro and flamengo beach. Pleasant area with a familiar atmosphere.
+ Breakfast
+ Rooftop area is nice, even though the swimming pool is smaller than it looks in the pictures. Nice view!
+ Friendly and helpful staff

- The "gym" (Tiny room with 5 ancient cardio machines and a few light barbells) is the worst we have ever experienced.
- Wi-fi doesnt work at all, except from the reception area on the ground floor
- Small room for the price, quite uncomfortable beds

6,5/10 ⭐

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2017

The staff were all very friendly and had excellent English (there is very little English in Rio as a whole). We got especially great service from Patricia on reception and Gilvan in the restaurant.

The breakfast buffet had an excellent spread, especially of very tasty cakes. Other options included fresh fruit, breads and eggs/bacon. The only disappointment was the cereal selection.

Although not near the beach, the hotel is very near a metro stop (3 stops to Coppacabana; Metro's in Rio are very frequent and ran almost everywhere we wanted to go). The square nearby has a number of good and reasonably priced restaurants, as well as a supermarket.

The rooms aren't big, but the bed was big and comfortable. Room was clean and comfortable and had good air-conditioning (Essential in Rio in summer!). The water was hot and pressure was good, and the toilets are Western. However, there was no kettle/tea in our room, and the rooms have poor noise insulation from the passage or the room next door, so we could hear the people outside and in the next room.

Good WIFI in the room

The pool area is nice, but too small for the number of rooms. The pool bar wasn't operational.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple