“Nice Hotel on Copacabana”

Arena Copacabana Hotel
Ranked #18 of 281 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Slavonski Brod, Croatia
“Nice Hotel on Copacabana”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My son and me spent a really good time in Rio (march/april 2012.). We chose the Arena and we felt good, the staff is professional and friendly, the only objection is that the internet is not free.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank MarcelSB
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
toronto
Reviewed 15 June 2012

locations is good in the middle of Copacabana but next time we will stay in the Ipanema area. more interesting, cool, young....
this hotel gets pretty mixed reviews. I guess it all depends on the room you choose. We booked a Superior with side ocean view but got upgraded to a Deluxe with a full ocean view. the room was great. it was on a lower floor. i guess these rooms often are used for upgrades. but it was great to be in bed and look at the beach. so cool.
I had a pick at a Standard room. absolutely do not book one. the window is facing next door building's wall. these rooms are cheap but you get what you pay for.
I didn't see any Superior side ocean view but I'm wondering if you really get much of a view because of the building next door. I guess upper floors could be ok.
I had a pick at a corner Suite. Fantastic with windows on two sides and front and side ocean views.
Room furniture is Ikea style. It feels a bit cheap. But it is ok.
Breakfast is good but on the sweet side. I guess it is a Brazilian thing. Hotel was actually full of middle class Brazilians which was great.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank qq_q_v
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2012

This was my second visit to the Arena Hotel and I was curious if the experience would be as good as my first stay last year. Hotels in Rio are really quite expensive, especially if you want a sea view and having looked at several hotels the Arena is actually good value for Rio. You need to be expecting to pay the same price as a good hotel in London if you are after a guideline. I can safely say that I was not disappionted the second time around. The hotel was still fresh and bright with excellent service from all the Hotel personnel that I encountered.

The hotel is a modern glass construction and is located exactly half way along Copacabana beach. I was fortunate enough to stay on the 9th floor at the front of the hotel and the room had breathtaking views of the beach and the sunrise in the morning. Breakfast is really good offering a fair variety with the bakery items and cakes being a particular highlight for me. The restaurant offers a light uplifting environment and a good place to start your day. The rooftop bar/pool is a good place to sit and watch the world go past with excellent views of the whole length of Copacabana beach.

Reception was really helpfull and were able to supply everything from 3 pin Brazilian power adaptors to beach towels and were able to give good local advice. My only puzzle about hotels in Rio is that the sinks in the guest rooms do not seem to have plugs? I am not sure if reception can provide sink plugs but I found that the shower cap worked a treat so this was not really a problem. There is a large 24 hour supermarket about 200m walk from the hotel - turn right out of the hotel entrance and then first left.

The Arena provides a really good balance of location/comfort/value and is a clean, bright and friendly hotel. I would definitely recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Marc280
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 3 June 2012

First thing we noticed while planning our trip to Rio was that hotels where expensive! Now after having tried a few options we have to admit that Arena is not exactly cheap but it is new, clean, stylish, well located and has impeccable service for the standards in Brasil! :)

We decided to grant ourselves an ocean view for the last couple of days in Rio - super choice! Only wish I had done this earlier...

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Alessandro B
Reviewed 30 May 2012 via mobile

We just spent 3 days in Rio at the Arena Copacabana and it was great. Staff super helpful. with special thanks to Pedro for his great advice about our trips. We had a deluxe king room overlooking the beach, the view was unbelievable from our room and from the rooftop pool and bar. Our only complaint was having to pay for internet.
We would love to return to Rio and would definitely go back to the Arena.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple