Rio Othon Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$ 97
US$ 93
  • Pool
PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$ 180
US$ 122
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 140/night.

Bourbon Barra Premium Residence(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$ 71
  • Free Breakfast
Windsor Barra(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$ 96
US$ 89
  • Free Breakfast
Pestana Rio Atlantica(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$ 72
  • Free Breakfast
Copacabana Rio Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$ 81
US$ 52
Hotels.com
  • Free Breakfast
Hotel Atlantico Tower(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 24/07
US$ 42
US$ 33
  • Free Breakfast
Midas Rio Suites(Rio de Janeiro)
US$ 56
US$ 41
Hotels.com
  • Free Breakfast
Ibis Rio de Janeiro Barra Da Tijuca(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$ 41
US$ 40
ibis
  • Beachfront
Belmond Copacabana Palace(Rio de Janeiro)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$ 405
  • Free Breakfast
All reviewschrist the redeemercity tourhelpful hostshumming birdstrain stationguest housequiet neighborhoodrio carnivalexcellent breakfastfour nightshelenabungalowcorcovadotoucanstaxisretreatproximity
Reviewed 11 November 2016

Our room was large and clean with a very nice bathroom. The breakfast was extensive and varied. Madame Helena was very warm and welcoming, guiding us to bus stops, restaurants, etc. The residential neighborhood was quiet and peaceful, a welcome break from the hustle and bustle of the city.
A special attraction were the house and gardens. The house was built for the superintendent of the Corcovado railway, which passes right in front of the house. The extensive grounds are filled with orchids, bromeliads, palms, and many other tropical plants. It's a fantastic miniature botanical garden. A gardener's paradise
A note of caution: The house is located at the end of a very steep street. If you are traveling by cab this is not an issue. If you travel on foot you can call Helena and she will drive down to the bus stop and get you. Otherwise, you can take a taxi the short distance to the house or be prepared for the steep walk. I had to stop a couple of times to get my breath. This is not a reason to not book here. Just be prepared. We recommend taxi driver Leandro (phone 21 96428-7901) who was diligent in helping us find the house and taking us to and from the airport. Speaking of airports, use Santos Dumont (SDU). It's much closer to the house than GRU.

Stayed: October 2016
1  Thank David L
CasaCaminhoCorcovado, Proprietário at Casa Caminho do Corcovado, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2017

Dear David,
Thank you so much for your kindly words.
We loved your presence in Casa Caminho do Corcovado and was a pleasure welcoming you. We hope see you again some day.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

The Place is very good warm and the hosts Helena and Diogo were wonderful hosts.
It overlooks the The Christ on the Corcovodo mountain and is 5 mins walk from the station to corcovodo. The property itself is well maintained and serene.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo

Dear VaraPrasad,

Thank you for stayed with us and for your kindly words. You are unforgettable person! We hope welcoming you again some day.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay with Diogo and Helena very much. I was traveling alone and it was my first time in Rio (and Brazil), and my stay with them was a wonderful way to start the trip. In fact, part way through my stay in Rio, I moved to another place to try to save money and experience a different neighborhood, but I ended up coming back to their home for the last 2 days of my trip because I missed it!

I stayed in both a room in the house and in the separate bungalow. Both were clean, comfortable, and well maintained. I personally preferred the room, because I liked to spend time in the house, but I do think the bungalow is perfect for those who need a bit more privacy or want their own space. Their home is very lovely and has a beautiful vista of the city. I really enjoyed sitting on the front porch to take it in. It was so peaceful, and before and after my busy days in Rio, it was the perfect place to start and end each day. Their home is tucked away in a more residential area and up a steep hill, but I found it was accessible to the different places I wanted to visit in Rio, and I ended up taking Uber everywhere anyway. Also I liked that it was right next to Corcovado. This is a site you don't want to miss in Rio. I went my first day for sunset (Diogo's suggestion), and it was absolutely incredible.

Diogo and Helena also go the extra mile to help you feel comfortable and welcomed. Diogo picked me up at the airport after an early arrival (cost on their website), and I was able to check-in early and get some rest, which I appreciated very much. They provide a helpful map of Rio, and also had a couple travel guides which I used while planning my stay. Additionally, both Helena and Diogo were very helpful and provided suggestions about things to do in Rio, and Diogo helped me plan the rest of my month-long stay in Brazil. I had a couple late nights in Rio (I am usually in bed early, but Rio has a way of making you want to stay up!), and Diogo was up to let me in each night. Finally, I appreciated them accommodating my last minute request to come back for the end of my trip :)

I absolutely recommend a stay Casa Caminho do Corcovado, and when I return to Rio I will stay with them again!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank aph87

Dear Ana,
Thank you for staying with us and your kindly words. It was special days with your presence here, like a daughter sitting in the armchair doing her research. We love you.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

My 12 year old daughter and I stayed here during the Olympics. Helena and Diogo are gracious, kind, and helpful hosts. They gave us advice and directions during our stay. Breakfast was delightful in their stately home with big windows and gorgeous views.

Cosme Velho is a neighborhood up the hill from the Corcovado / Christ Redeemer train station. We enjoyed the steep climb up and down the hill and chose to have uber drivers pick us up and drop us off at the bottom near the train station. You definitely need to be in good shape to navigate the hill, but the uber drivers would take us up to the top if we asked them to. Uber was the most convenient form of transportation from there to other parts of the city, but public transportation was okay, too. The buses pick up at the base of the hill on a frequent basis. I recommend staying in Cosme Velho to get a more intimate view of life in a nice neighborhood in Rio. It's a quiet retreat inside what's left of the rainforest. It's not necessarily the best place for people looking for the raucous party-side of Rio.

My daughter spent the mornings watching monkeys play in the trees and observing the lovely foliage. She also spent hours reading in one of the big chairs in the front of the house.

We had no safety concerns here during the Olympics. It was safe to walk around at night.

The room was comfortable and the bathroom shower was one of my favorite parts for 2 reasons: it was the best hot water shower that I have experienced in a home (as opposed to a normal commercial hotel) in Brazil, and the window looked out into the yard with the lush plants.

We enjoyed our time and would definitely go back.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Dear Kimberly,
Thank you for your kind words. It was a great pleasure to welcome you & Violet. Till now we have kept the text typed by Violet on the old typewriter in our library. She is so sweet. And you're a lovely person.
We hope see you again some day.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

The approach road is narrow and up a steep hill, but the experience of staying in this family run enterprise is more than worth the effort by car, taxi or on foot of getting there. The attractive and beautifully furnished house, set dramatically amidst delightful terraced gardens into the side of the Corcovado Mountain, on which stands the iconic statue Christo Redentor, has a warmth to it that reflects the personalities of the owners. Even before we arrived Senhora Valença had taken a great deal of trouble to smooth out our plans for our stay and to provide much helpful information. During our stay we could not have felt more comfortable or at home - in fact the experience was more like staying in a friend's house than a commercial activity. Nothing was too much trouble, even the exceptionally late return times to the house occasioned by the Olympic programme. Breakfasts were magnificent and wonderful start to every day. We had a stay of 12 days and at no time did we feel time was dragging or we needed a change of venue. On the contrary we felt so comfortable that we were genuinely sad when the time came to leave. As a footnote it is worth appreciating that one is in the most perfect spot from which to visit the Christo Redentor Statue - one of the musts of a stay in Rio. An early morning start is the best way to get ahead of the crowds that swarm up to this venue and the 5 - 10 minute walk by the short cut downhill, fortified by breakfast, is the perfect way to start a day.

Room Tip: We had the Monkey's room on the ground floor, which we found ideal. The house is in a wonderfully quiet environment.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
CasaCaminhoCorcovado, Proprietário at Casa Caminho do Corcovado, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2016

Dear Gordon & Jenny,
Thank you for your comments and share with the next guests your impressions about our place.
Receive you gave us great moments.
Impossible to believe how 12 days went so fast! We hope that some day we can meet you again. Special people are unforgettable.
Fondly,