Casa Caminho do Corcovado
Promenade Palladium(Rio de Janeiro)
US$ 185
US$ 166
  • Breakfast included
Windsor Barra(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$ 135
US$ 126
  • Breakfast included
Bourbon Barra Premium Residence(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$ 71
  • Breakfast included
Novotel RJ Santos Dumont(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$ 96
US$ 86
  • Restaurant
Transamerica Prime Barra(Rio de Janeiro)
US$ 53
  • Breakfast included
Rio Othon Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$ 152
US$ 138
US$ 43
US$ 42
  • Pool
Pestana Rio Atlantica(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$ 135
  • Breakfast included
Brisa Barra Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$ 95
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Atlantico Rio(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$ 88
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsb bchrist the redeemerhumming birdsguest housetropical fruitfour nightsexcellent breakfasthelenabungalowcorcovadohoststoucansairportneighborhoodtaxis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

I had the pleasure of spending two nights at Casa Caminho do Corcovado at the end of a three week trip to the Amazon region of Brazil. As promised by the owner Helena, her son Diogo picked me up at the airport and also provided a fantastic city tour the next day. When I arrived, Helena welcomed me with open arms and went out of her way to ensure all of my needs were met. The room was clean and comfy and the breakfast was delicioso! Diogo even fixed eggs to order. The home is surrounded by beautiful flora, fauna & is just a short walk to the tram which takes visitors to the Cristo. I enjoyed visiting with Helena & Diogo. I only wish my stay could have been longer. I've found a new home when I'm in Rio! Thanks Helena & Diogo!!!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2015

The place is very beautiful, it has a big garden where you can see all kinds of trees and birds. Sometimes you can even see monkeys! Helena and Diogo are very gentle and helpful. The breakfast is great! Perfect experience in Rio!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 25 July 2015

It was like we visited our relatives.
Helena -the owner is warm, kind and charmfull women and her son Diogo is very friendly, I recomend fife hours Rio tour, it will help you to get know the city. Great location, quaiet and save area, close to everywere.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 12 July 2015

I have visited casa caminho four times. I have been as a couple with family and with children. It has been great to meet Helena and her son Diogo and catch up and introduce her to new family members friends and our children as our life develops and family grows. The place is a little out of the way but only 15 minutes in a cab to ipanema etc. The fact that it is half way up to the christ the redeemer statue is part of its charm. It is located up on the hillside amongst the atlantic forest and has a wonderful romantic atmosphere. We have seen toucans, humming birds and monkeys and it really has a wonderful feel about it. Helena is extremely helpful and is also an incredible cook. It is hard to recommend it highly enough I guess I could say that it is good enough to be tempted to just stay there at the expense of visiting all the wonderful attractions in Rio. I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: the corcovado room, but the bungalow for families
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2015 via mobile

My husband and I have both travelled individually and separately around the world for work and play. Of all of the places that we have stayed, this spot impressed and exceeded all of our expectations.

The home is gorgeous (we loved the bungalow!) and Elana is so helpful in providing information about Rio and all that the city has to offer (and how to navigate well) The history and care put into the restored engineers home is the crown of staying at this place, on top of the great location near the Christ the Redeemer train, historical neighborhoods and buses to the beach or city center. The breakfast was delicious and the evenings comfortable and quiet. It is an off the beaten Rio track delight.

We then spent the week down at the beach and really are so happy to have had time at Casa Caminho do Corcovodo. If you want a unique perspective on the city with local history and flavor, not to mention incredible care for your stay by Diogo and Elena, this is the respite you are looking for on your visit!! Just be sure to motivate yourself I get out and about from this idyllic gem and into the bustling city!!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple