Santa Teresa is a colorful area to call home during your stay in Rio. The hotel is located in the center of this area. We found the hotel to be a bit disappointing. The room was spacious, the bathroom odd because of the shower placement and sinks and the air conditioning barely functioned despite a request to and response of fixing it. Where ever you try to sit in this hotel and its restaurant, be mindful that the seats are low to the ground and uncomfortable. If you want to visit the small pool, be prepared to sit on chairs close to the ground. The chairs in the bar and rooms are either overly large with slanted backs and uncomfortable or low to the ground and uncomfortable.
The bar is trendy pouring great drinks. The menu choices in the restaurant are unusual. The food quality is high and so is the preparation, but the combinations don't seem to go together.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Santa Teresa M Gallery by Sofitel, in the heart of Santa Teresa neighborhood, offers direct access to the economic hubs of the city, such as Avenida Rio Branco, Botafogo beach, Marina da Gloria, only 10 minutes away from Santos Dumont Airport. It is also close to all the main tourist attractions, such as Christ the Redeemer, Sugarloaf Mountain, Lapa district, Ruins park, Selaron steps, Santa Teresa tram, plus Copacabana, Leme, Ipanema, Leblon and Barra da Tijuca beaches. It has 44 rooms beautifully decorated with Brazilian design furniture, connected to gardens filled with exotic plants and birds, Le Spa, a serenity escape in the middle of Rio de Janeiro, a pool with a breathtaking view of the city, our Bar dos Descasados, known for receiving a loyal and cool crowd , and last but not least Restaurant Tereze with its contemporary Brazilian gastronomy, ranked as one of the best hotel’s restaurants of Rio de Janeiro. Extras of this hotel Hotel Santa Teresa is a hotel boutique with only 44 apartments and suites, 2 meeting rooms allocating up to 120 people, space and advisory for weddings and social events, pool lounge area, bar, restaurant and spa services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, ACCOR, Prestigia and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Santa Teresa MGallery by Sofitel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Santa Teresa - Relais And Chateaux
- Santa Teresa Hotel
- Hotel Santa Teresa MGallery By Sofitel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil