“the best in town”
Review of Petit Rio Hotel

Petit Rio Hotel
Ranked #126 of 286 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

the hotel is very well located, the rooms very clean and quiet. I didn't like to pay for parking though, very expensive, but everything else was great! The rooms look exactly like the pictures showed.The staff is very professional and nice.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 July 2017

For this price category (as of this writing, about $50 US per night), this is a very good value hotel. It's very new, very clean. The double room I had was well equipped (but small). Helpful staff (all speaking some English). Very good breakfast. I chose the location for its convenience to transportation. It's close to the metro and buses to all the big sights. Good local restaurants and lots of services nearby. I popped down to the beach one day, but I wasn't in Rio for the beach. I traveled solo, and a woman, and I wasn't worried about safety any more than any other place -- and perhaps less. This is a working class neighborhood - it didn't seem the kind of place where tourists are targeted. My last night in Rio, I spent the evening like the locals do. Drinking and eating and listening to music at the plaza in front of the Lago de Machado metro station. CONS: I have two small criticisms of the hotel. The sheet on the bed was flat, not fitted and was small for the bed. I woke up every morning on a bare mattress because the sheet had slipped around at night. Also, the numbers on the air conditioning unit were so bright, they practically lit up the room. I slept with my eyeshades on.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 May 2017

Firstly, I have to commend the staff and the service they provided during my stay. They were very warm and friendly, and highly professional. The kind of service that is personal but not intrusive!

The hotel is brand new, so expect excellent quality everything - well appointed room with large TV, great bathroom and shower pressure. The room size is decent, but nothing massive - however, for the price it's pretty good. The WIFI works well!

Breakfast was up there with one of the best I have had in a hotel - the spread was vast and food high quality. Something that was lacking in the hotel I checked out of - The Americas Copacabana.

There are some good places to eat near by and it is easy to have a wander around - the area feels relaxed with a local feel.

I stayed in several Hotels in Rio, and this was the last one before heading home - I know exactly where I will be staying when I come back to Rio.

Room Tip: WIFI and AC are excellent - Service, incredible!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Elliott C
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel is close to Santos Dummont airport that makes taxi/uber cheap. The rooms are very comfortable and the furniture is new. The staff is very welcoming and the breakfast is super nice. It has a huge a variety of food and drinks. Wifi is also nice!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

My friend and myself stayed there 2 nights.

The room is extremely clean and tidy (though tiny). Considering the price, the breakfast has a wide range of choices (buffet) including fruits of several kinds.

Within 5 minutes walk we can get to the plaza with round trip shuttle bus to visit Christ the Redeemer. Same walking distance would take us to the metro station which got us to the sugarloaf mountain bus terminal.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends