“"The Best Authentic Italian Restaurant in Rio"”
Review of La Trattoria

La Trattoria
Ranked #300 of 14,451 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Copacabana
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My partner took me there for a nice dinner meal as he claims it to be the best restaurant in Rio! We have yet to be disappointed. The food was tasty and very generous portion, the service was efficient and professional without coming across as intrusive, the atmosphere and general dining experience is second to none and of the highest quality and authentic Italian feel in Rio. The Calabresa Ravioli and the garlic bread is a must. On a nut shell, exquisite food, great ambience with efficient service. Would highly recommend it!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

As far as we know, this is the best, most authentic Italian restaurant in the city. Straight outta Naples (or Brooklyn), with checked tablecloths and friendly family owners going around making sure the customers are happy. The portions are nonna-sized, and the garlic bread is completely irresistible.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

The restaurant was just down a side street off Copacabana Beach, and very convenient for the Windsor Excelsior hotel where I was staying.

There were a lot of locals eating in the restaurant, which I always think is a good guide. The menu was pretty standard Italian fare but served quickly and efficiently. The price was reasonable for the location.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Service was very quick. We ordered drinks & garlic bread to start, which arrived almost immediately & 5 minutes later our food arrived. This made me feel skeptical, as I then knew the food had already been pre-cooked and wasn’t fresh.
My partner & I ordered pasta dishes, both of which tasted bland and frozen from a packet.
Our waiter didn’t speak English, but he didn’t say one word to us. Not even a smile!
Overall, very disappointing experience!

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Well just fancied something simple near the hotel and this was right across the road. Ordered mushroom pizza and French fries. Not her adventurous I know but hey Rio has a habit of sometimes losing what you actually order and what you get.
Very small place but not a table to be had as everyone is full and there is lots of Portuguese being spoken so I assume the locals line the place. All the tables are paced in so i would say not somewhere to bring a pram or wheel chair. Lots of staff and they are quick round the tables.
Wow my dinner is served in under 5 mins..... that is quick but again it's what I was hoping for.
Taste wise the toppings are watery but have taste.
Chips are ok as well.