All reviewsbreadhamfruitbreakfasts were greatevery morningten minute walkstayed nightslovely placehugobalconybayhostspousadacheeseislandhillsidebrazil
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

This is a very nice place with a very diligent and attentive owner. The rooms and the property are kept very, very clean. My room was nice, a little small but comfortable and nice. The hammock on the balcony was the best.

First, let me advise visitors to this pousada to bring the plug converter that converts the standard Brazilian 3 plug system to a Brazilian 2 plug system. Also, try to bring maps of Ilha Grande. I also found flashlights to be very useful.

People have to understand that this is an very environmentally aware pousada and they try to keep their footprint small.

Thus, there is no hot/cold running water from the sink faucet and the shower has a head that heats up the water to give you a warm shower instead of a cold shower.

But, don't get me wrong - for me these were not negatives - I am just advising the guests.

Please understand that this is a every nice pousada, especially for Brazil. It has a beautiful view of the village and the bay. It is about a ten minute walk from the central part of the village - although it is very near one of the most popular all night clubs. The pousada has a beach address, but the rooms are on the hillside about a 2 or 3 minute walk from the beach.

The food at breakfast is very good. There is a big assortment of fruits, usually one type of cheese and some ham or ham-like meat ( I am vegetarian so I did not eat the meat). They have real eggs - many times the pousandas have powdered eggs.

There few amenities, which is why I did not give it a five star rating. For instance, the plug adapters are cheap, the pousada could lend them to the guest. Also, it might try to get some maps.

Also, I have to check the Booking.com bill, the $81 a night did not exactly match the final bill which was about $91 a night.

However, all said, I would definitely stay here again even with the $91 a versus the advertised price of $81 a night. These are just items to watch for.

While a little rustic, this was a very nice pousada.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Our stay at Pousada Tagomago was the perfect getaway. Claudia and son were amazing hosts and they could not have done enough for us which was really appreciated.
Everything about our stay was perfect, the rooms were clean, the view was amazing and the breakfast every morning was delicious. I would definitely stay at Pousada Tagomago if I every found myself back on Ilha Grande.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Tagomago for 4 nights and had a great experience. Claudia and Hugo (our hosts) provided us with lots of information about the island, tracks and best beaches to visit. If we needed anything it was promptly provided. The room was clean, bright, comfortable and well stocked with towels, toiletries and drinks in the minibar. We definitely will be coming back!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2016

The roomview is just amazing, the breakfast is nice with plenty of fresh tropical fruits and cakes. The staff, who speaks really good english, helped us a lot in organizing our daily trips and return to Rio. Really highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms at the first floor have terraces with hammocks; ground level ones have chase long
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank gzop001
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Amazing pousada. Owner and her son were very helpful. Spoke perfect English and helped when the wifi was down. When you shuttle to the island, get off at the first stop...it's closer. The pousada is just up the beach, there is a sign and a small walkway as it is set back from the beach a little ways. Great views of the beach and bay. Wonderful breakfast each morning.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends