We booked a top floor jacuzzi room. LOVED IT! We had a corner room which had a balcony that looked out over the ocean and around the corner on the balcony was a jacuzzi bath. It was amazing soaking in the jacuzzi, listening to the waves and watching the sun go down over Porto de Galinhas.
We got lots of exercise walking up and down the stairs (no lifts) which we didn't mind but this might be an issue for people with mobility difficulties or lots of luggage (although the porter was lovely and carried some of ours).
Room and bathroom were of a good standard. Had to pay extra for the room safe which should have been included for the price we paid! Internet access on the hotel PC was ridiculously expensive (we did not have a laptop) so we went to the next door hotel for the internet (very cheap).
Our room package included the evening buffet meal and breakfast which was perfect for us as a family - saved us having to go out at night. Good variety and standard of food. There is a little shop about 5 mins walk down the road which sold nice ice creams and little snacks at a reasonable price.
Lots of games and things to do for kids (table tennis, table football, pool table). Our child was the only English speaking child there but was made to feel welcome and enjoyed the kids club. Pool was fantastic. Lots of areas to rest/sleep.
You cannot swim in the sea as the currents are too strong. We walked on the beach and into Porto one day (30 min walk) and felt safe. Ask about the tides. You can also get a buggy or taxi to town if you don't want to walk (10 Reals).
All the reception staff very helpful and those that could speak some English were especially attentive. We were very very impressed with the staff.
Snorkeling not great and a shame about the amount of people that are allowed to walk all over the coral reefs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Solar Porto de Galinhas is a beachside hotel situated in one of the most famous and beautiful tourist destinations in Brazil, Porto De Galinhas beach, Pernambuco. We offer accommodation and services of the highest quality for those who want an unforgettable vacation amongst a true paradise of beaches. We provide the following services for your comfort and pleasureRestaurant (regional and international cuisine)- Café bar- Beachside service- Room service (24 hours)- Swimming pool- Pool bar- Swimming lanes and hydromassage- Beachside kiosks- Games room- Safes at reception- Cable TV with 10 channels (SKY)- Hairdryers in every room- Ice cream parlour- WI FI zone (cableless internet access)- Playground- Children’s recreation area- Mini kid’s games competitions- Beach massages- Laundry services- Kid´s Club- Baby Stroller ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Solar Porto de Galinhas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Solar Porto De Galinhas Hotel Ipojuca
- Best Western Porto De Galinhas