See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is good but I wouldn't consider it a resort despite that they have tennis/volleyball court, a play area and a garden.
The accommodations are good and clean but the internet could be faster.
They serve a good breakfast buffet and the staff are polite.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Great location if you want to saty in the outskirts of the city. Delicious and fresh breakfast. Nice variety of food. Nice play area and swimming pool. The only problem: the wifi signal is too weak, so it's not true that you can access internet in the bedroom.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I have been at this hotel for three times in the last 6 years... It just got worse by the time and I will never go back!
1) Bedroom: old, bad furnished and smelly;
2) Washroom: clean, bright, good sized but terrible old dirty towels;
3) Staff/service: there was no service... Even the room' safe was not working (we were in a group of 20 rooms, and anyone was working!) and when we asked the front desk about it, they said could not help;
4) Overall: the swiming pool was dirty, the restaurant a/c was not working and there was no service by the pool... Also, the location is terrible and unsafe. I will never go back.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Mabu Parque Resort is set in a beautiful green area and close to the city center. This resort is perfect, with an excellent service, high quality rooms and service. Its has a large recreation area. I think is best resort for those tourist who visit Brazil with family.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Bit odd this review. I had a week long business trip to Curitiba (2nd time visiting there) and requested to book the Mabu Royal & Premium Hotel on the recommendation of a colleague (see separate review). Unfortunately, our company's travel agent booked me here, the chain's other property, by mistake and what a disaster it was.

I arrived to Curitiba about midnight and provided the taxi driver with the hotel address (I stupidly had not checked it in advance). Upon arrival, something seemed odd, but it was late, very dark outside and I was not paying much attention, so I left the taxi. As I walked in to the hotel, something still seemed off. It was quite run-down and appeared to have very few guests. I went ahead and checked in though. At this point, I was pretty sure I was at the wrong location, but figured I would just get a night's sleep and wake up early to move to the right hotel. When I got to the room though, I quickly changed my mind. What I found was a run-down room that was poorly cleaned and did not feel safe at all. I quickly checked my location on my iPad, confirmed where I was and then went back to the front desk to explain the issue and ask the reservation to be moved. An hour later, I was at the right hotel and on my way to my room (separate story there though).

To their credit, the front desk staff was very helpful, but the hotel is just a disaster. Avoid if you have any other option.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business