See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 September 2016

This was possibly one of my top 5 worst experiences in a hotel. The first thing is that I am claustrophobic and the windows are high up on the wall, reaching toward the ceiling - prison cell style. So that you can't really look out the window unless you are very tall, or get up on your tiptoes.

Furthermore their menu for room service was greasy and dirty. And when I opened the bed to sleep the sheet was stained. Also, I have allergic asthma. After day two I ended up going to the hospital to get care. I don't know if it's mildewy covers or what, but the place was stifling and unsanitary, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2015

Ok, first I want to say I'm not picky. I'll stay anywhere and usually enjoy it. But this hotel tried my patience!
When I first arrived I was put in the 4th floor, in the most ancient, mold-smelling room you could imagine. The AC unit could have been the first ever made, and it made so much noise, and release such a strong smell, it was unbearable. I complained to the front desk and, as they didn't have any maintenance personnel at the time, I was thankfully put in another room.
The new room, on the 12th floor, was a vast improvement. Very large, and the equipment was at least fairly new. A little bare, without character, but good enough at first glance.
Some small annoyances: the bathroom door is designed in such a way that you can't reach the sink unless it's closed. Also, it's glass, so if you need absolute darkness to sleep, this hotel is not your thing. The elevator is very slow.
A more serious concern for me was safety, as the hotel has conference rooms on every floor, so strangers are always up and down the elevator. Not once did I see anyone question new arrivals. So I kept my door locked tight!
And then the unthinkable. It rained. When it started, housekeeping came to the door and asked to put towels on the windowsill. I thought it was really strange, but it was my last day, and I was ready to go out, so whatever. When I came back though, the whole room was inundated. Everything wet, an inch of water on the floor. The storage space is open, so even my clothes got wet. Horrible! So...
Great location (which is why I'm giving 2 stars), ok breakfast. But not worth it!

Room Tip: The 12th floor rooms are the only with fairly new appliances. But really, don't stay here!
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

I'm taking a course and the meetings take place at this hotel. When you arrive there you always have trouble in the parking lot, because it's always full and you have to find a place on the street to park your car, which is almost impossible. The neigborhood is also horrible! There are a lot of homeless people around the hotel and drug dealers just in front of the hotel . About the hotel structure , it's old and the owner doesn't seem to care about mantainence. Staff in also very rude. I needed information more than one time and they didn't realy care about it. So, I can imagine what kind of stay people are getting at this place. Don't recomend it at all!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2015

I stayed in this hotel for 17 nights in September on a working trip to Curitiba. The room given to me has its own lounge, fridge, etc. and view of Estacao Shopping Centre from my room on 11th floor. The hotel has some reasonably decent facilities, such as, swimming pool, gym, etc, but I never use any of them during my stay. The breakfast was served daily in restaurant and was actually quite good, but you get same foods for 17 days.

The staff on the reception do speak English, but very friendly and helpful. The cleaners however, did not do their job properly, as my room was not properly cleaned on many occasions. Bed sheet, etc were not changed regularly. This hotel is situated in a excellent location, close to restaurants, shopping mall, bus station. There is also regular bus service between airport and the shopping mall, which is very convenient for traveling to airport.

The hotel is good by Brazilian standard and cheap by international standard, but not among the best when you compare it to other international hotels available in Brazil. The most urgent thing they need to improve in my opinion, is staff ability to speak English, especially when Olympic is in Brazil next year.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2015

This place has excellent value due to its location (near one of the best shopping malls of the city and also to a well connected bus terminal), its clean and spacious rooms and last but not least the excellent breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo