“Worth a visit!”

Ranked #2 of 308 things to do in Curitiba
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

The museums outside appearance is amazing and the architecture very impressive!
Inside “the eye”, there are various expeditions of different sizes - if you like one, stay there, if not - move on!
Museum has a parking lot (you pay a small amount if you visited the museum).

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"project"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 4 February 2018

The building is nice to see, but the art is questionable. And the layout is also unusual. But it was a rainy day so it was a new experience

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

The museum is very central in the city and is an excellent architectural work by renowned Oscar Niemeyer. The exhibition in place was a delightful surprise. Very well curated.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

By far, one of the best museums in the Brazilian Southeast. Although not too big, the art curation is excellent, presenting a varied selection of contemporary art. The last Biennial exhibit was really engaging, showcasing artists from all over Brazil.

There is a café/restaurant on the ground floor, which serves great food for a fair price.

It is also a wonderful place to take amazing shots. The architectural plan by Niemeyer is breathtaking. Don't miss it while in Curitiba!

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 January 2018

I am truly disappointed.

I grew up in this country where this person is the most famous architect that has many of very important buildings being designed by him, for example the DC is mostly his designs where our politicians go to "work" every day.

when I headed to this museum I was hoping to find a full building exploding with information and stories about the architects life childhood, works and many other fun facts.

I was so excited that as we walked into the museum I could not contain myself, clicking my camera everywhere and getting out (not so cheap) admission tickets it was all so exciting.

once we get in I get a bit annoyed as they dont allow water bottles inside, that made no sense to me at first but I let go.

then the museum is not very well mapped here there is no logical sequence to the museum.

the main attraction was a "eye" shaped building and there was the promised land.

there was an adjacent building that we didn't even understand, we thought we were at the so called eye the whole time, so very confusing floor plan I must say.

now the real let down was to walk in and out, flors after floors and seeing nothing about the actual architect that this museum is named after.

we saw some not very exiting and of very poor taste art. some abstract and not at all what I hoped to see when I came here.

there was one room, not very big, and not even an entire floor about the architect. in 5 minuted I was done in that room.

huge let down really. I hoped to see and get to know Oscar and I got out of there furious and confused.

1  Thank 502ericaf

Been to Museu Oscar Niemeyer? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK