Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from US$ 124.00
from US$ 84.00
from US$ 64.00
12,541 results
All reviews modern art famous architect beautiful museum temporary exhibits brazilian artists shaped building on display worth a visit the main attraction rainy day masterpiece dogs arts paintings admission papa culture
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

By far, one of the best museums in the Brazilian Southeast. Although not too big, the art curation is excellent, presenting a varied selection of contemporary art. The last Biennial exhibit was really engaging, showcasing artists from all over Brazil.

There is a café/restaurant on the ground floor, which serves great food for a fair price.

It is also a wonderful place to take amazing shots. The architectural plan by Niemeyer is breathtaking. Don't miss it while in Curitiba!

Reviewed 23 January 2018

I am truly disappointed.

I grew up in this country where this person is the most famous architect that has many of very important buildings being designed by him, for example the DC is mostly his designs where our politicians go to "work" every day.

when I headed to this museum I was hoping to find a full building exploding with information and stories about the architects life childhood, works and many other fun facts.

I was so excited that as we walked into the museum I could not contain myself, clicking my camera everywhere and getting out (not so cheap) admission tickets it was all so exciting.

once we get in I get a bit annoyed as they dont allow water bottles inside, that made no sense to me at first but I let go.

then the museum is not very well mapped here there is no logical sequence to the museum.

the main attraction was a "eye" shaped building and there was the promised land.

there was an adjacent building that we didn't even understand, we thought we were at the so called eye the whole time, so very confusing floor plan I must say.

now the real let down was to walk in and out, flors after floors and seeing nothing about the actual architect that this museum is named after.

we saw some not very exiting and of very poor taste art. some abstract and not at all what I hoped to see when I came here.

there was one room, not very big, and not even an entire floor about the architect. in 5 minuted I was done in that room.

huge let down really. I hoped to see and get to know Oscar and I got out of there furious and confused.

1  Thank 502ericaf
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

I really wanted to visit the Oscar Niemeyer Museum because he was an important figure in Brazil’s history and culture as an architect. In addition to the museum, which was opened after a remodeling in 2002 when Niemeyer was 95 years old, he designed several buildings in Brasilia (Brazil’s capital) and throughout Brazil.

The most interesting structure of the museum is “The Eye.” At the time of my visit it served host to Chinese modern art, an example of which is the silver statue with a red figure.

The rest of the museum has expositions of modern art arranged by different themes. I am not a huge modern art fan which is the reason for my rating but still appreciated the various works on display. Other people will surely give an excellent rating.

Before entering The Eye, there is a room that houses Niemeyer’s architectural models. If you like architecture or Frank Gehry, this may peak your interest.

1  Thank Jon L
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Chinese special exhibit was very interesting. Stimulating, intriguing art in every gallery. We walked there along a bike and walking path from downtown.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Great place to get some shade in the heat and get a Matte Tea, it's on the tourist bus route which is where we first got the bus from ,the stop is accross the road( side of the building) we didn't go in to see the exhibition that was on but we did use the cafe and the shop which both had some interesting things on offer and a cash machine!