“Good option for business.”
Review of Metropolitan Flat

Metropolitan Flat
Ranked #21 of 56 Hotels in Brasilia
Sao Paulo, SP
“Good option for business.”
Reviewed 26 July 2011

The hotel/flat is a good option if you're in town for business. The best thing is the big room with a living room, small kitchen and great shower. Breakfast could be better.

Room Tip: Rooms are big and really good!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Denyson
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sao Paulo
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Metropolitan Flat is centrally located at Brasilia hotel sector near almost the major interested place.
The apartment is well-equipped but apparently not full-suplied. Two air-condition devices serve the entire room. One in the bedroom and other in the main lounge. Free wired-internet is provided but just one spot. By the way, as mentioned before, its internet connection is by far very slow if you compare the same sort of service offered in same range hotels.
Bathroom is large, but shower water flow was disappointing.
Front-desk staff did not show a kind reception someone use to expect. It seemed as they were just strictly following protocols and nothing else.
Breakfast is taken place at the top of the building what gives you a look-out sort of view of Brasilia. It's quite good with plenty of options.
All in all, this is not a hotel that really has a "how-to-serve-well-your-guests" DNA.
This is just a functional and well-located one.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Brenoka
Apple Creek Ohio
Reviewed 9 April 2011

I arrived thinking that check in would be difficult since I had reserved by internet and knowing little Porteguese.No problems at all since some staff spoke English.Later on I had a question but nobody spoke English so I came back later.I thought they were helpful but also be careful to get a written price "proposal"on everything as I suspect the unwary get overcharged.I took a tour of the city thru the Hotel and was happy.The small suite I had was clean and had lots of space.WiFi was not available and connection by cable was slow at times.I got more than I expected for the price.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank Andy112654
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 21 February 2011

That was my first time in this hotel, and probably will be the last.
Poor acomodations, small rooms and poor breakfast (always the same stuffs).
The only positive is the location. Near everything.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank jbpriori
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 12 August 2010

Metropolitan Flat is a nice and clean hotel located in the heart of Brasilia. However, customer service was way below my expectations.

The Positive:
Location - it is well located in the center of the city, close access to almost every major government building in the area. There are two large shopping centers located only a couple blocks away from the hotel. It is a safe neighbourhood and I felt safe during my entire stay.

The Negative:
- Inconsistent customer service & poor customer experience - (1) upon my arrival I got two of my suitcase handles broken by an distracted bellman. I travelled 10 thousand miles that day without a scratch in my luggage and got two pieces of luggage broken just five minutes after arriving at the hotel. (2) Next, arriving at my room, I found I couldn't have a microwave and an oven at the same time (I had to choose one or the other). One of the reasons I chose that hotel was that it had a full kitchen and I would be able to cook my own food (I have dietary restrictions that require me to do that). After a lot of discussion, they pick up the mini stove in my apartment and replaced it with a microwave and said that they would bring a stove back later. It never happened. (3) On the fourth day of my stay, I got a letter under my door with very strong language saying I needed to pay my hotel bill immediately. I called reception and learned that if I didn't pay the bill in the next 24 hours I would be evicted from my room! After a lot of back and forth, I found out there was a miscommunication between their office and my local contractor who was responsible for the reservations and expenses. A single call to my local contractor would have solved the issue, but someone at the hotel thought harassing a guest would be a more effective way to fix the issue.
- Communication skills - interacting with staff was a hit and miss. Not many spoke English in a fluent manner and resolving issues always needed to escalated to a manager who wasn't there at the time. They have very well trained personnel, but also a lot of untrained people. So, in simple words, there was a complete lack in consistency in customer service.
- Noisy at night - During my stay, many times in the middle of the night I was awake by an noisy garbage truck that spend around fifteen minutes compressing its load in the back of the hotel. Try to sleep after that!
- Valet Parking staff - this is a minor point, but something that caused me some annoyance. Staff at the Valet Parking desk wasn’t very friendly. They never replied with a smiled or said hi when I came across them. Once, one of the Valets offered me my car keys, showing me where the car was. (ic!) It’s a bit contradictory to pay for Valet services under these circumstances.
- Non-smokers be aware - balcony of non-smoking rooms are used by smoker guests when the hotel is full. In couple occasions, I could smell cigarettes smoke from my bedroom.
- Slow internet - Internet is available, but at very slow speed. Also, there is no wireless service available.
Metropolitan is a hotel in a great location, but seriously they need to better train their staff. Their fancy flyer promissing "100% satisfaction garantee or you get your room of charge charge" seemed to be just a decoration piece on a side table. I would never go back or recommend to a friend.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business