“Super place, super value”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Appleton
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed 13 March 2012

This place is great. I love the pleasant staff, the clean hotel, the waterpark for the kids and the quiet rooms which are a great size. We had the 2 queen room. Have checked in and out late, and early and never had a bad experience. Always have a super breakfast with plenty of food and hot coffee in the breakfast room. Love that it is open until 10 on weekends. Everything is very clean and the kids loved the water slide. Even lifeguards on duty while the slide is on! I believe 4 or 5 wristbands come with each room but please check on that.

Have stayed here multiple times and only once had a problem when our door wouldn't close properly and it was fixed within 10 minutes! Would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a family friendly hotel with easy access on and off the highway. It's close to Green Bay and Appleton. The staff is very accomodating. They also can give good directions to any place in the area. Many hotels I've stayed at couldn't tell you how to get anywhere.........There are also have computers with internet in the lobby to check e-mail and google directions so I can leave my laptop at home. Thanks! Will definitely return to this place any time I'm staying in the area. Love it!!!!!

Room Tip: If you don't like noise, stay away from the lobby and workout areas. There is always alot of ac...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 January 2012

We rented the 1 bedroom king suite for my daughter's 8th birthday party. She had 2 friends stay overnight and additional friends come swim during the day. They charged $5 for additional wristbands which was reasonable. They do not allow food and drinks in the pool area somwe went back to our hotel room and the girls thought that was really cool. Very spacious and it had nice French doors that separated the living area which had a pullout couch where the kids could stay.

The continental breakfast is one of the best I've seen. Hot eggs, ham, and potatoes as well as homemade waffles, bagels, cereal, donuts, yogurt, fruit, coffee and juice. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Misscole33
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Had a great stay here. Kept us out of the crazy traffic during EAA's Airventure. Very clean, comfortable hotel. Simple hot breakfast in the AM. Nothing fancy but filling. Pool slide is a blast and a lot of fun for the kids. Easy on and off from the highway too. I would recommend this hotel as one of the best in the Appleton area and a great place to stay if plan on attending Airventure.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We stayed one night at this hotel. The suite was surprisingly large - nice living room area when you walk in with couch, chairs, desk, TV, refrigerator. French doors separate that room from the bathroom/vanity area which opens into the bedroom. The bedroom had one king bed, a gas fireplace, and a jacuzzi tub (right in the bedroom, just a few feet from the bed - in addition to the main bathroom with a toilet and tub/shower). The room was very clean and all the furniture seemed farily new, not worn out. My only request/suggestion is to change the glass french doors dividing the rooms to some sort of doors that offer more privacy between the rooms. My children slept in the sofabed in the living room and we had to hang the bedspreads over the doors so light from the bathroom/bedroom area was not shining right in their faces. I appreciate the rooms were actually separated by doors, so many "suites" these days are not. Replacing the glass french doors or adding blinds on the doors would be a fantastic improvement for families with children going to sleep earlier than the adults.

My kids were very excited about the indoor pool area - swimming in April in WI is a treat. The pool was clean and had a fun slide. Unfortunately the air temperature and water temperature of the pool were a bit on the cool side so after a short time my kids (ages 1.5 yrs - 11 yrs) were cold and only wanted to "swim" in the hot tub. I asked the front desk about turning up the heat in the pool area or the pool but they said there was nothing they could do. Families would get much more fun swim time if the water and air in that area were even just a few degrees warmer - management please consider this suggestion.

We ordered Toppers pizza for dinner - everyone loved it. And my kids had a great time at the complimentary continental breakfast where they made their own waffles!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank AdamP
Reviewed 8 February 2011

My fiancee took me to Appleton to see Wicked and we stayed here for two nights. The staff was very helpful, our room was spacious, and for the most part clean (I found fingernail clippings on the side of the bed.) I loved the breakfast and make your own waffles, pastrys, yogurt, etc.

The pool and the slide were a lot of fun. The lifeguards could have been friendlier or at least acknowledged us when we walked in. The pool water was cold and the pool was dirty on the bottom. I'm a little disappointed that you can't bring drinks in and leave them on the table. I still had fun though.

This was definately the quietest room I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple