“Best sushi IN TOWN!!!”

Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2018

My wife and I went to Koreana tonight and it was absolutely amazing!!! It had a relaxing ambiance when we first arrived, with a little bit of lightening in the air. We had sushi for an appetizer and it was so beautifully prepared. The rice was perfect, the vegetables tasted so fresh, and it was just so nicely done. Then we had shrimp bulgogi at a 6 (out of 10) spice; which was spicy enough for my wife and I. I personally would like it a little spicier but it had enough heat to require a second beer :)

Reviewed 9 March 2018

My husband and I decided this evening to see how our old favorite was doing in its new iteration. First thing we checked was the menu. The main menu was the same, but the sushi menu was totally different (expected since new sushi chefs) and pared way way down. We chose a couple of different jumbo rolls, "Mayan" and "Crazy Chicken". They were very boring, and certainly not worth the price. Nothing like the sushi from before. The side dishes were fine. The entrees, which we always got (rice cakes and beef for him, short rib galbi for me) were uninspired. Flavor was lacking; it was as if they had been made ahead then reheated, perhaps. Plus they asked us white rice or purple rice. Surprise, the bill had an extra $1.50 for each purple rice bowl; nothing in the menu noted this. Plus the prices are way higher than they used to be. Husband remarked on the way home, "Half the flavor and twice the price". He's right.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Koreana has always been one of my local favorites. I’ve been here twice since it reopened. The first time the food was great but the service was slow. But I was there on a Saturday night- the service was good, and the food was excellent! So glad I can have the tofu bul go go again!!!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

A great place for family/friends. A wide variety of quality meals and an amazing selection of beautiful sushi creations.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

I ate at Koreana many times over the past decade-and-a-half. Now they are closing their doors for good (dine-in is closed, take-out orders only through July 29th. Their lease is expiring and they do not want to commit to a new 5-year lease due to their main cook (the matriarch of the family) wanting to retire. The food was always great. The wait time could be long (but I expected that). They originally planned to close in September but they had been unable to find enough staffing to keep their doors open. (They were even paying their dishwasher $13/hour).
I will miss my short rib Gal Bi and their great Sushi rolls. And I've never had fish cakes anywhere else in the country quite like theirs. Koreana, you will be missed.

1  Thank Kimberly M