“Best Steak House in Wisconsin”

Lombardi's Steak House
Ranked #25 of 391 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Lombardi's offers the best service, food, atmosphere to make a memorable dinner. It is a great place for a special dinner, or business event. The servers are wonderful and so knowledgeable. The meat tray is so impressive. The wine selection is unbelievable! Must try!

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Very expensive to eat there, prices are expensive for me. The hours were to late. It look like a nice place.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Our party of three chose Lombardi's as it "once" was the best restaurant in the Valley/Green Bay area. Unfortunately, it is now at the bottom to mid of the fine-dining available in the area.
Started with shrimp cocktail and it was served in a bowl that was warm and had no ice (fyi, shrimp cocktails must be served chilled of shrimp texture suffers). The sauce was not very good either as a complete lack of horseradish taste was there, very blah almost like catsup. I would score it a 6.5 out of 10.
Next, wife had the bean and corn chowder and she did not like it as she believe it was too peppery. I tried it (as I like spice) and agree it was poorly prepared and the entire batch needed to be tossed and started over, the ratio of beans was excessive and the pepper was also out of ratio; I score it a 2/10.
Next, we had the calamari. The calamari itself was good for the area but the sauce again was poorly constructed; a lack of horseradish or any spice was tasted (sauce reminded me of mayo). I score the calamari an 8 and the sauce a 1.
Next, we had the King Crab legs. The size was very good but they were previously frozen and likely in the freezer a lengthy amount of time as they tasted a bit briny. I should have ordered a steak at a steakhouse I guess but I would counter and say "the most expensive thing on the menu should taste good or a restaurant should not put it on the menu". I score the legs a 7/10.
My sister ordered an 8 oz. filet medium rare and she enjoyed it quite a bit. She scored it an 8.5.
Dessert was a half order of strawberry shortcake. I have to say this dessert recipe has been changed and is now not recommended for ordering. It used to be a highlight as it was "the best strawberry shortcake on the planet", now it is about equal with what any other place makes just bigger. They used to use from scratch whipped cream now it is something else, they also used to sprinkle dense sugar crystals on top that gave it an "over the top" texture that combined with the scratch cream was magnificent. I score it an 8 for size and a 5 for taste.
Lastly, we had the lobster mac an cheese. This too was not up to quality standards as the proportion of cheese to the dish was low, when we scooped the serving plate to our dinner plate the elbow macaroni scattered (cheese should hold them together). And talking about elbow mac, should a steakhouse use the absolute least expensive/boring pasta in a signature side for $12? My thoughts, no.
Service was quite good as our "waiter" was friendly and accommodating to our concerns from the meal without becoming insensitive. She did a commendable job likely knowing that food quality makes her position harder to do and "can" affect her tips.
Overall, this was a $173 meal (no drinks purchased) plus $27 for tip and was overall not any better than a chain steakhouse like Prime Quarter or Longhorn for half the price.
Oops, I forgot the complimentary homemade bread; that is now the highlight as the fruit and nut bread is outstanding. Nice crunchy outside and warm and delightful inside; a solid 10 as it is old school bakery quality.
The details of 10 years ago are gone and with it my business, headed back to Black and Tan long-term. It appears Lombardi's quality is fading like the Paper Valley room quality. With the new convention center coming Lombardi's will have to step up, a second piece of advice; change the name from "Paper Valley" to something else. Our paper mills are leaving left and right and the ones left are owned by foreign entities.

Bear

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Very nice atmosphere. Everything was done perfectly. The desserts are huge! And delicious. The strawberry dessert could be shared! Next time.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

Service was very good... Steak not so good. Little to no flavor. Don't expect a grille flavor to your steak. Had the Kansas City Strip, Garlic mashed potatoes, and soup. Best part of the meal was the potato soup. My wife had a salad.. They threw in a dish of onion rings.. Very disappointed with the steak.. tough and no flavor. My wife and I are steak "picky" and like great flavor, good value and done to perfection. This is not the place to go to for a steak in Appleton.. Best value over all for that still is the Texas Roadhouse..Made to order great flavor and best value for your dollar.. So total bill in case you are thinking of going to this venue. Two 10oz steaks, mashed potatoes and onion rings.. Two waters.. $84.39.. Not recommended.