“Valentine’s Day”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Every restaurant we attempted to dine at had a 70+ minute wait this Valentine’s Day. We were looking to celebrate our daughter’s 16th birthday and she wanted steak. Arrived around 5:30pm and only had a 5-10 minute wait. Friendly service, great food, and our kiddos enjoyed a free birthday sundae with the birthday girl. Our waitress even brought three spoons so they could all enjoy it! Dinner did run us $80, (not including tip) with hubby ordering the New York Strip and two of us ordering the sirloin steak. Plus one adult beverage. But the food was well worth it. Even the picky youngest one loved his food! With great service like we had, we will be back for sure!

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Ok, I was tired from traveling and seeing customers all day. This was a 6-7 hr drive from my home. I just wanted something decent and close ( it was right next to hotel). Our outback had closed years ago due to “sticky fingers” so I thought I’d give it a try again. Mistake! But its a $20 steakhouse so expectations can’t be too high right? Anyway, the service, salad and beer I had were all very good. The brown bread log (which I remembered loving) was old and dry. Now, the steak....I actually feel terrible for the cow that gave its life for this horrific abomination of a NY strip. It was obviously frozen, then thawed, then microwaved, then seasoned 100x too much then seared on both sides, then served. I was going to send it back but then I thought...why? Id just get another one just like it. So I filled up on carbs (bread and beer) and went back to my hotel room. Saddened.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

Wait was minimal . Service was questionable ,Waiter did not know the different sizes of drinks ,forgot to bring bread until we asked for it ,did not know the difference between a fillet and a sirloin. my ribeye ,done medium rare , was ok but not fork cutable. My wifes sirloin was ok also ,not what we would expect from a steak house.At least the background music did not blast us out of the place .

1  Thank Daniel W
OutbackGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Hey Daniel,

This is not at all the food and service experience we had hoped for. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Grand Chute, WI". We can then correspond directly over email.

Lacey

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

I will endorse Outback Steakhouse in Appleton, WI for one thing: consistency. They are consistently bad at their service. I had boycotted this restaurant for the past 5 years due to back-to-back poor experiences. Half a decade later, things have not changed. Don’t bother expecting refills of your beverages or shrimp specials. Pregnant or have a food allergy? They do a poor job listening to special food preparation requests. Where’s the waitress? Who knows! This was my third time visiting and the results were the same... our meal ended with the manager having to apologize rather than thank us. Three strikes, you’re out!

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

So, we picked this place because it was close to where we were staying. Should have read all the reviews. Had soup, salad and quesadillas. First , had to ask for a glass for our beer and had to wait forever. Second, brought soup WITHOUT a spoon, third, brought quesadillas WITHOUT sour cream and salsa. Either our waitress was really new, not trained properly or something. After a long day of traveling we were really looking forward to a relaxing meal. Not even close. Next time, I will read the reviews!!!!

OutbackGuestServices, Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

We feel terrible that we disappointed you. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Grand Chute, WI". We can then correspond directly over email.

Madeline