“Don't ask for large”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2017

This is the favourite of an 18 year old grandson.

The service was very good.

We had a small and medium Kow Boon which is a noodle soup with a choice and we had chicken. I have a reasonably large appetite and found the amount almost too much. My granddaughter of 22 couldn't finish the small. My daughter had Tom Yum which was also hot and the last has roasted vegetables. We all enjoyed the meal and I will go back next time I visit Appleton.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Went in for dinner on weekend with my friends after reading the review. Unfortunately we were disappointed for the service that was slow, food is meh, bland. I've tried other Vietnamese restaurant but this is just lacking the flavor. Not worth the price though. Won't be back again.

1  Thank baxtybax
GM_BasilCafe, General Manager at Basil Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

We're sorry you felt that your experience was subpar, disappointing, and your food was lacking flavor. We would love to hear back from you with some specifics regarding your dining experience with us so that we can continue to grow, learn, and get better from your feedback. We're human, and not immune to making mistakes.

As a family owned and operated restaurant that works hard to provide the Fox Valley with authentic Lao, Thai, and Vietnamese food, we most certainly take pride in the food that comes out of our kitchen, and the service the comes along with the dining experience.

If you would like to continue this conversation please feel free to reach out, we would love to hear back from you.

Larry Chomsisengphet
General Manager, Basil Café
(920) 830-6741
basilcafepho@gmail.com
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram: @basilcafepho

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

A good place for Asian-inspired food. Nothing to really rave about. Nothing to really complain about. I find the room barn-like and impersonal. People generally love the place though. The service is friendly.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

If you like pho, this is a very nice place to go. I've eaten here a few times and it has always been for lunch and I've always ordered pho. The pho is very good. Not necessarily exceptional, but as good as anywhere else that I have had pho. The difference is the ambience. This is a very nicely decorated restaurant with excellent wait staff. My experience here has always been good. Prices are just a bit higher than your average family owned pho restaurant, but well worth out. For my business trips, a very nice place for lunch. If I lived in the area, this would not doubt be a regular dinner location for my wife and I.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Have been there many times but lately the quality of food has gone down. Not sure what happened. The staff is friendly and prompt.