“Cheap and Simple” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Appleton
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
“Cheap and Simple”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

Having been staying at this place for years. Last couple of years this place is getting better since Days Inn assumed ownership. Rooms are very simple but small but that what you get for $60 a night. Beds are good and the rooms are clean. Days Inn might not be the best looking place but it is the best value in town.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank BadgerTim
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Eaton Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

i had to book at the last minute and read the previous reviews for this hotel and they were from the worst to the best. While the hotel is older and there are no bells and whistles, all I needed was a clean bed and a cool room as the summer heat was very high. I got what i needed and more. Every staff member I spoke to was polite, and very helpful. From the front desk at check in that took all of 5 minutes if that since i booked with Hotwire, to the next nights front desk who walked me out and showed me were things were to the maid service who had a smile and extra's. I do know having worked in the hotels that this is what service is suppose to be but very rarely any more do you actually find such pleasant service. If you want a great place to stay I very highly recommend you stay here. Thank you for a very pleasant stress less stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

Small room, but very clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful. Good shower and bed. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

I attempted to make a call in reservation, and the first person I spoke with offered me a rate almost half the standard rate after some negotiating. However my call got disconnected, and when I called back I was told I could only be offered the standard rate. I spoke with four people, including someone at their customer service call center. Finally I was referred directly to the hotel front desk, and informed if I walked in they could offer me a rate about $5 more than my original quote, which was still an ok deal, so I took the room. The staff was friendly, and the room ample for the price. The bathroom is extremely cramped, but for an economy hotel with continental breakfast it was a fair deal. I would recommend the hotel itself, but speak with the front desk directly, their reservation line is awful!

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

When I arrived at this motel, they stated that I did not need to pay for the room as it had been paid upfront.

When I was given the key (card) to the room, I walked in to see other people's stuff all around the room i.e. they had given me access to someone elses room!

So they gave me another room which was fine.

Unfortunately this was one of the noisiest places I stayed at in the USA. People running up and down corridors on a Sunday night. Mixture of a group of students and other undesirables.

I don't mind noise up to a certain point but not after 10pm at night.

Breakfast was good and free internet terminal was useful.

A few days after checking out, I noticed that they had ended up charging me for the room despite telling me there was no more to pay. It took me several weeks of calls to Days Inn to get this refunded to me - really annoying.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
      Location
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
diappletongm, General Manager at Motel 6 Appleton, responded to this review, 29 June 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
On behalf of theDays Inn Appleton hotel, we offer this guest our most sincere apologies for their inconvenience.
I would like the opportunity to discuss your recent stay at our hotel as I am deeply concerned that we fell short of your expectations in a few areas.
We value the feedback from all guests and we have shared this review with our staff and management as training and coaching opportunities to further improve our service in the future for all of our guests.
We appreciate your business and sincerely hope that you consider giving us another opportunity to provide a wonderful guest experience for you.

Katie Beckmann