All reviews nice balcony front desk room service great hotel early check the hotel staff gym pools english brazil portuguese key furniture
Reviewed 24 January 2018

To some visitors Brasil might seem isolated from the rest of the world. But surprisingly there are some managers, notably of this hotel who know that hotel service is not only handing over a key but a lot more. As the motto in the lobby says: satisfaction of the guest are guaranteed, they live up to it. Thanks to enlightened managers such as Senh Ighor C. guests not only get a warm welcome but best global standards!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the main road, upper floors
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Ighor C, General Manager at Mercure Salvador Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Dear Mr. Herbert,

Thank for your comments about your stay, we were very pleased to know that we provide a great accommodation in Salvador. This is the feeling that moves us to seek the perfection of our services

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Great location near banks, shops and just 10 minutes from Salvador Shopping. The rooms have good size and personnel it's friendly. Breakfast could have more variety but nevertheless great in global terms

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Ighor C, General Manager at Mercure Salvador Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear Mr. Luis,

We greatly appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Salvador Boulevard.

This information will be shared with our teams and we are confident that your feedback will be an encouragement to continue to improve the quality of our services.

Thanks again for letting us know about your experience.

Sub manager
Mercure Salvador Boulevard

Reviewed 26 July 2017

On the eighth day of my stay, my spare phone went missing from my room. The way the hotel handled my complaint was appalling. I reported it to the front desk in the evening, and was promised I would receive a call from the general manager in the morning - it didn't happen. At 11am I spoke to reception who promised me a call from management by 3pm - it didn't happen. At 4.15pm I spoke to reception again but the duty manager Ighor Conde refused to come and speak to me directly. I was told he had reviewed security video footage and the hotel would send me it by email the next day. Three weeks later on 20th July I finally received an email from Mr Conde showing photos of me using my phone on a security video - it seems this was to prove I couldn't have lost my phone, despite me having made clear from the outset it was my spare phone and not my main phone that had gone missing from my room. I've stayed at this hotel before, I have status with Accor with 30 reservations in my recent booking history - it should be obvious this was not a frivolous trying-it-on complaint, and I don't think this hotel took my complaint at all seriously, and it's made me wary of choosing Accor again in future.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Ighor C, Gerente geral at Mercure Salvador Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Mr. Kenton,

We just send you the images that you asked to see. We apologize for the inconvenience but as you know nothing was found, even maintaining strict control over all objects lost and found.

We hope to see you again in a new opportunity.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Stayed for three nights in this business like hotel and was satisfied with the room with balcony and the included breakfast. The hotel has a gym and a pool to chill out. About 1/2 hour drive from the historical centre (if there is no traffic jam). Easily reached on state road B99 coming from e.g. the international airport.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Ighor C, Gerente geral at Mercure Salvador Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Dear Travellingcontessa,

Thanks again for letting us know about your experience.

Sub manager
Mercure Salvador Boulevard

Reviewed 1 April 2017

The title of my review says it all.

I read many reviews about this hotel before booking my stay and many of them have complaints mostly about the breakfast. It seems the hotel management doesn't want to listen to people's reviews! They're all 100% correct.

This hotel is fantastic. It is beautifully clean, well-maintained, modern and has gorgeous decor for a very modest price. All of the concierge staff are amazing and helpful and most speak really good English. There is a huge area with about 4 different pools that are all clean and lovely. There are also two wide screen computers downstairs for guests to use which is useful.

Negative: The restaurant. Unfortunately, although very modern and with nice decor, the restaurant is truly bad. Firstly, the very large indoor area was absolutely packed with mosquitoes. Out first night we made the mistake of eating dinner there and were both COVERED in mosquito bites after. In a country where mosquitoes spread awful diseases like yellow fever, malaria, etc etc, why on earth would they not do something about the fact that their restaurant is packed with mosquitoes!? Secondly, the breakfast does have quite a poor selection of food which doesn't change much from day to day. On top of this, the restaurant menu for dinner consists mainly of expensive pizza and that is almost all. There was such a poor choice of food available at this hotel!! Lastly, there seemed to be several kitchen/waiting staff that were seriously lacking in comparison to the level of the rest of the hotel staff. They seemed to not care at all, didn't know what they were doing, or both.

We were quite annoyed that we tried to have coffee on 2 separate occasions outside of breakfast hours and were told they wouldn't make us coffee because breakfast was over. ?????? How ridiculous. I am not sure if some Brazilians only drink coffee at breakfast, but a big hotel that caters for international guests better learn to make coffee at ALL hours. In the end, I went to one of the English speaking concierges and asked why we could not have coffee. He said we could indeed have coffee and that they must have misunderstood us (yes, because "coffee" sounds so much different from "cafe", even though I actually asked for "cafe com liete" which is Portuguese anyway!).

I do not want to discourage anyone from staying at this hotel because it was excellent otherwise. So, if you do not plan to eat in the restaurant or order room service and you are not fussed about your breakfast, then absolutely stay in this hotel. It is excellent value for money with fantastic, helpful staff and gorgeous rooms.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Ighor C, Gerente geral at Mercure Salvador Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Dear Mrs. Susan,

Thank you very much for sharing the points you did not like and also what you liked during your stay with us.

Please be aware that this information is very important for us to improve our services and we will not stop sharing with all staff to prevent future occurrences.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you better in the near future.