See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

We had a good time there, although there is some room for improvement. The staff is friendly but a bit unattentive and doesn't seem to care too much, there is no wife in most rooms and the breakfast is average.
The location is a bit too far from the center, so if you're looking to explore manaus there might be better options.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2015 via mobile

The best part was the staff, which was really friendly and told us a lot about the city and the amazon. Good common area to meet people. Had a really good night there. Rooms are spacious and clean Only drawback that there were tons of mosquitos in the room.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2015

This place is right next to a swampy canal, our room was full of mosquitoes. Spent most of the night slapping at them. It is also right next to a little bar that blasts very loud music all night long.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kewe2014
Reviewed 15 April 2015

words can not explain the fun I had staying at this hostel, the rooms are clean and have air con, I stayed during the world cup, and pretty much had the dorm to myself. The communal area was super clean, and the staff so helpful and maybe a little crazy. I meet some great people and had some amazing experiences here. great, great, great!! cannot rate highly enough

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Vicky G
Reviewed 9 October 2014

I loved my time in Manaus. I really enjoyed staying at Big Hostel Brasil. The people there were wonderful and very friendly. It was a wonderful experience and the hostel became my home in Brazil. It was hard to leave. And if I ever make it back to Manaus. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Larger rooms are hotter!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends